Hitmen Win Game 7 Ot

That was awesome. I missed the first period and there were times when the hitmen were playing like the Flames of last night (although don't get me started on how much worse it is for the Flames to play like that), but the 3rd period and OT were great hockey to watch. I found it a little weird the refs weren't calling ANYTHING, and I'm sure the ice will be complaining about some "should've been" penalties, but all in all it worked out well! I like when they said in their commentary that there were some Oilers scouts who drove down for the game, expecting to get tickets and it was already sold out. Not like it was an important game or anything... :rolleyes:

That was awesome. I missed the first period and there were times when the hitmen were playing like the Flames of last night (although don't get me started on how much worse it is for the Flames to play like that), but the 3rd period and OT were great hockey to watch. I found it a little weird the refs weren't calling ANYTHING, and I'm sure the ice will be complaining about some "should've been" penalties, but all in all it worked out well! I like when they said in their commentary that there were some Oilers scouts who drove down for the game, expecting to get tickets and it was already sold out. Not like it was an important game or anything... :rolleyes:

Considering it's been the same refs all series, who have called 18 - 20 penalties per game... it was SHOCKING. Talk about consistency! But I'm not going to lie, it's a lot better when they LET THEM PLAY and don't call every time a guy falls down, assuming he was fouled.

That was a pretty nice goal to win in too. Play of the game though was when our dman (can't remember who it was) slid in front of a shot from the point that was headed to an empty net because Spence was taken out on the play, and blocked the shot to save a goal.

they got to fly down to Brandon at least...that would be a long drive to go from kootney back to Calgary then to Brandon.

That's good to hear; I was thinking about how bad that series was going to be from a travel stand point. Do they get to fly back, or is it back on the bus?

I'm kind of shocked Brandon would have an airport, so I'm assuming they went to Winnipeg. :o

They should fly all the time! I was reading how there is no rule against it, but the league frowns on it because some teams are poor and can only afford a bus. Too bad, so sad!

I'm kind of shocked Brandon would have an airport, so I'm assuming they went to Winnipeg. :o

They should fly all the time! I was reading how there is no rule against it, but the league frowns on it because some teams are poor and can only afford a bus. Too bad, so sad!

They were supposed to Fly but Brandon complained saying it's not fair..So they had to take the bus..Bunch of whiners.

They were supposed to Fly but Brandon complained saying it's not fair..So they had to take the bus..Bunch of whiners.

:blush: How's it not fair. It's not like they have to travel to Brandon. They're already there. If anything, it's not fair to the Hitmen. :unsure:

Archived