Kamloops Blazers @ Calgary Hitmen

• 2 weeks later...

It was a good game all of the way through it and carries a special memory for 1 little boy and his family.

My son's 7th bday was this past weekend and he is a Calgary hockey fan all the way. First and formost, Flames and specifically Kiprusoff ... but when we were in Calgary in Oct we saw the Blazers play the Hitmen in the Dome ... and my son was hooked on hockey!

We took him to this game decked out in his brand new Flames jersey, ball cap, and hoodie and brandishing his Hitmen foam finger. 8) 8) many thanks to the coach of the Hitmen for allowing my son to come belowstairs for some autographs after the game. The players looked surprised to see a fan waiting for them (being that Kamloops is a small town and extremely Blazers oriented) and graciously signed autographs for a little boy who spent an entire third period screaming "GO CALLLGARRYY HIITMMMEEENNNN ... and ... LET 'EMM FIIIGHHHTTT" .... much to the extreme annoyance of the Blazer fans surrounding him. :lol::lol: One Blazer fan in particular tried to hush my son ... I had to remind that man that it was a hockey game; not church .. and my son had every right to scream for his team!

I don't know if they read this board ever, but many thanks to the Calgary Hitmen players and most of all Dan Spence. It's the goalie thing, I suppose, but that was the most looked for and definitely most loved autograph of all.

"Look mom!! I got #33's 8) ... He IS the goalie, you know"

02-03-07_1743.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived