Calgary Hitmen defenceman Yeo named WHL's player of the week

Me and my friend were at a hitmen game recently and was wondering... This guy has been on the hitmen for quite awhile, has he been drafted in the NHL?

No, I don't believe he has. His status is listed as a "free agent". It's hard to believe he hasn't been drafted by somebody, but I definitely would NOT be surprised if he plays in the NHL at some point. He is a great player, solid defenseman, and an excellent leader. This will be his last year with the Hitmen, as a 20 year old. They'll miss him :o

Me and my friend were at a hitmen game recently and was wondering... This guy has been on the hitmen for quite awhile, has he been drafted in the NHL?

No, I don't believe he has. His status is listed as a "free agent". It's hard to believe he hasn't been drafted by somebody, but I definitely would NOT be surprised if he plays in the NHL at some point. He is a great player, solid defenseman, and an excellent leader. This will be his last year with the Hitmen, as a 20 year old. They'll miss him :o

Jim Vandermeer in an example of a WHL defencemen (also captain) who went undrafted and got picked up via free agency.

Yea I kinda figured he didnt get drafted. I went to the lethbridge game and hes a big part of the Hitmen and a captain for sure. Definatly suprised. With the topic of the hitmen, what do you think the chances for Daniel Spence to get drafted this year?

I would say he'd be drafted as a later pick, in a later round. He's not a terrible goalie, but he's not too awesome either. I think he has a lot of potential, though. Seeing as how he was brutal last year, and this year has handled the role of starter very well.

Yeo is a great leader but he's not that great of a player.  Don't get me wrong, I like him, and he could be a decent depth guy but it's not that surprising that he is undrafted.

Couldn't agree more! I like his leadership too but I'd be very surprised if he was picked up by an NHL team. He simply turns the puck over too much not to mention that his skating skill is nowhere near good enough for the NHL.

Yea I kinda figured he didnt get drafted. I went to the lethbridge game and hes a big part of the Hitmen and a captain for sure. Definatly suprised. With the topic of the hitmen, what do you think the chances for Daniel Spence to get drafted this year?

I would say he'd be drafted as a later pick, in a later round. He's not a terrible goalie, but he's not too awesome either. I think he has a lot of potential, though. Seeing as how he was brutal last year, and this year has handled the role of starter very well.

Brutal last year? I believe that of the 10 games that Pogge was gone for WJHC Spence won 8 or 9 of them. I don't think that's brutal. He played really well when he was able to string games together. The other plus with Spence is that he's a very athletic goalie. Great flexibility and lateral movement.

Brutal last year? I believe that of the 10 games that Pogge was gone for WJHC Spence won 8 or 9 of them. I don't think that's brutal. He played really well when he was able to string games together. The other plus with Spence is that he's a very athletic goalie. Great flexibility and lateral movement.

Well, I only saw him at the home games he played, so I can't comment on all of his games. But he didn't play amazing at home. My fondest memory of him is allowing a tieing goal with a minute left, and the winner (a weak one from behind) with literally 1 second left, yeah, that wasn't too good. All last year my seats were right behind the net, so I was up close and personal with both goalies play. Now I'm way up in the comfort and quiet of the upper bowl, away from the uncontrolled screaming brats.

Archived