Kris Chucko

Me n' a Flames fan at Mac went down to the Omaha-Hamilton game on Friday...they got pumped 6-1, I think (had a few to drink).

Anyways, even though most of the team looked tired after a big game in Toronto earlier, one player that still stood out in a most negative way was Kris Chucko.  

Couldn't skate, couldn't take a pass, couldn't get open down low (which was very concerning for a big guy such as himself).

I'm starting to think Sutter slipped up on this one...he looks horrible out there, no exaggeration.

I'm wondering if this is a guy that should be kept as a project (even though guys like Prust are already assuming that role), or used as trade bait in a potential deal at any given time this season.

I noticed this after watching the Knights/Marlies on Sportsnet. He looked horrible. Exact same things as you said, his skating, his ability to make AND recieve a pass, etc. I said after that I couldn't believe he was a number one pick. I compare him to another Chris Dingman, and nowadays, that's really not good.

How Many Goals do Zajac and Wolski have again....

Not sure if you are being sarcastic, but in case you are not, both were chosen before Chucko, therefore unavailable for the Flames.

Wolski has 5 goals

Zajac has 4 goals

teh Flames could have had either they traded down in the draft cause they knew chucko would still be available

The Flames traded down 6 spots and could have had either of those guys before doing so... Hence my comment.

Now I'm pissed. In Sutter's defence, Wolski was barely a PT/GM player in JR, but Zajac played on the same team as Chucko, and was at least putting up big numbers....

Chucko has been over rated for the past 4 years.

Last four years? Do you even know where he was playing when he was 16? Hard to put a gauge on a guy at that age.

Last four years?  Do you even know where he was playing when he was 16?  Hard to put a gauge on a guy at that age.

I mean for the past 4 years chucko has been #1 or around it on the flames top prospects list... making him look better then he actually is..

... well i guess not 4 years but right after phaneuf made it full time..

• 2 weeks later...

Chucko got his A$$ kicked tonight by Lynch from the Peoria Rivermen (St. Louis Blues)

They drop the gloves but right away Lynch hits Chucko square in the face, causing a lot of blood. From there, Chucko just keeps getting punch after punch to the face. A KO was on it's way but they got tangled and went to the ice. Chucko's face was all red with blood, with blood on their jerseys and quite a bit on the ice. My guess is a broken nose for sure

• 3 months later...
flamesfan#41 wrote:

Quote:

Last four years? Do you even know where he was playing when he was 16? Hard to put a gauge on a guy at that age.

I mean for the past 4 years chucko has been #1 or around it on the flames top prospects list... making him look better then he actually is..

... well i guess not 4 years but right after phaneuf made it full time..

when Chucko was 16 he was playing for teh Salmon Arm Silverbacks i used to go to every home game and watch this kid, he is an amazing skater has hands and can dish it out, i do agree that he needs to tweak some of his game but you can say that about any player is the system, believe me when i say this that in a few years Chucko is going to be one of the best grinders and he will pop like 20 to 25 goals watch and see for yourself

id have to agree, being here in Omaha and attending every game you see these players progress every week. Id have to say Chucky is one of the most improved players on the team this season. at the begininng of the season it seemed he was lost out there and they had him on a line with the older guys for lack of a better term. now it seems like hes found his grove and is all ovr the ice, hes always in front of the net and hes always lookn for a way to score, whether it b himself or another guy on the ice. we will definatley miss him wen he gets the call

id have to agree, being here in Omaha and attending every game you see these players progress every week.  Id have to say Chucky is one of the most improved players on the team this season.  at the begininng of the season it seemed he was lost out there and they had him on a line with the older guys for lack of a better term.  now it seems like hes found his grove and is all ovr the ice, hes always in front of the net and hes always lookn for a way to score, whether it b himself or another guy on the ice.  we will definatley miss him wen he gets the call

Oh that's good to hear. I like Chucko and I've been disappointed with what I've been hearing about him this season. I'm still hoping to see him in a Flames uniform soon.

Archived