Knights on Sportsnet

I didnt think this needed a new thread but why cant we send down Giordano? is it because he is offically a flame? or are we just letting him practice with the big club for experience just in case one of our guys goes down?

With Gio on omaha they would be a force.

Gio can be sent down, but is being kept with the Flames because he wouldn't necessarily benefit from being in Omaha and the Flames need some injury insurance. As much as he could help the Knights, the purpose of the Knights is to help the Flames. Their own success is an afterthought.

Yeah, good game by the Knights. They've got a pretty good team and I can hardly wait to go see them play the Moose in February.

Andrei Taratukhin, where was this guy? He got an assist on the first goal but I didn't even realize he was playing until he took a penalty early in the third. I was hoping to see more from him. Still adjusting maybe?

Yeah, good game by the Knights.  They've got a pretty good team and I can hardly wait to go see them play the Moose in February.

Andrei Taratukhin, where was this guy?  He got an assist on the first goal but I didn't even realize he was playing until he took a penalty early in the third.  I was hoping to see more from him.  Still adjusting maybe?

I thought he was ok. He created that one turnover in front of the Marlies net caused by his aggressive forecheck and it almost turned into a goal. He was also playing on a line with Godard so that probably didnt help. I was not impressed with Chukko at all, and from watching tonights game I have no idea how he was a #1 pick.

Caught the game halfway through the first, thought it was gonna be a blowout. Boyd looked good, awesome return for him. I have to say I wasn't very impressed with Regehr 2.0. He had some bad giveaways in the defensive zone.

Can't say I have seen so many shorthanded breakaways in one game. I counted 3 for Omaha, with Boyd scoring on one.

I didnt think this needed a new thread but why cant we send down Giordano? is it because he is offically a flame? or are we just letting him practice with the big club for experience just in case one of our guys goes down?

Gio can be sent down, but is being kept with the Flames because he wouldn't necessarily benefit from being in Omaha and the Flames need some injury insurance. As much as he could help the Knights, the purpose of the Knights is to help the Flames. Their own success is an afterthought.

I was thinking more about this, and sending Giordano sets off a chain reaction of development concerns. If Gio goes to the Knights, Adam Pardy becomes the seventh defenceman in Omaha, and Steve Marr (currently the seventh defenceman) goes to Las Vegas. Pardy has definite NHL potential from what I've seen and heard, and needs to be playing at the AHL level to develop. Marr is also better suited to playing occasionally in the A than playing regularly in the ECHL. The current situation is the best for everyone.

good game for Omaha...I must say, I might have to catch some more games. I only could watch around 30 minutes of it last night but from what I saw...I was really impressed.

Unfortunately, that's the only time the Knights will be on Sportsnet this year (unless they carry playoff games). I caught most of the game and it was great. As I've said before, things bode well for the future of the Flames.

Dustin better be careful, he is starting to make the Flames brain trust look dumb. Flames can't win and can't SCORE so they bring up Boyd who at the time is the leading scorer in the AHL (and his team is undefeated). They give him all of 18 minutes with all sorts of different linemates over two games to prove himself and then send him back down. Most Flame Fans (not those on this thread) declare he is not ready as well, how they could determine this in 18 minutes of action without a chance to gel with linemates is beyond me.

First game back with Omaha he scores a hatty is first star for the 3rd time in 4 or 5 games and Omaha remains unbeaten with him in the lineup. If he keeps this up the genius' in Calgary might send him to Las Vegas.

Personally, I think the Flames should bundle him in a trade. He is capable of playing in the NHL and Calgary Flames clearly do not want scorers, hell they signed Tanguay to a $5 million a year contract and want him to focus on D first.

My patience with the Flames is running out and if they start another losing streak tonight I will be mighty peed off as should every true Flame fan.

My patience with the Flames is running out and if they start another losing streak tonight I will be mighty peed off as should every true Flame fan.

Why not just go and cheer for another team? I guess that would be too easy. :roll: I am a true Flames fan and thats why it doesn't matter if they win or lose, they are still my team. Sure I enjoy it more when they win but a true fan is one who is there when they lose. Its easy to be a fan of a winning team. :wink:

Why not just go and cheer for another team? I guess that would be too easy. :roll: I am a true Flames fan and thats why it doesn't matter if they win or lose, they are still my team. Sure I enjoy it more when they win but a true fan is one who is there when they lose. Its easy to be a fan of a winning team. :wink:

He didn't say he wouldn't be a fan. It's still possible to be a fan and be disappointed with the team if they aren't doing well.

In any case, that's well off the topic of this thread. There are other places to complain about the Flames' performance.

Unfortunately, that's the only time the Knights will be on Sportsnet this year (unless they carry playoff games). I caught most of the game and it was great. As I've said before, things bode well for the future of the Flames.

I wonder if enough people voiced their opinion that the Flames would pick up and do Knights PPV. After watching that game the other night, I would love to see them more often.

I wonder if enough people voiced their opinion that the Flames would pick up and do Knights PPV. After watching that game the other night, I would love to see them more often.

thats actually a good idea....Knights PPV would give the Flames more money and give the fans a chance to see how the Farm team is doing.

If the Flames priced it reasonably I believe it would attract a quite a few fans.  What do you think it would be priced at per game?

Well they would have to find that happy medium. They would need enough to cover the broadcasting costs, but not too expensive that nobody purchases it. I think maybe $8-10. I have no idea what it would cost to broadcast a game.

Giordano plays when someone goes down. See the Dallas game. He's proved he's an NHLer and benefits more by being around the pro's.

If he goes down he'd be taking a kid's spot who needs farm ice time time more than Gio does. He's a pro,

Think about the role Byon Ritchie has. He's the 13th forward and is expected to run with it.

It's that simple.

Does anyone know if there is a precedent for this? If the Leafs, for example, provided Marlies PPV games (which I'm pretty sure they don't, having looked over the Marlies' site) that would lend a lot of weight to the argument.

If you are asking if any other team provides PPV games in the AHL, I am pretty sure the answer is no. Does anyone have Ken King's email, I am probably going to write up an e-mail to him sometime today?

I am from Omaha and go to most games, If you go to the Knights web site, they offer a computer video stream of game from the B2 network. I have never got it, but others tell me they can see the game well.

Hope you enjoy watching Prust play. We sure miss the spark he brought to our team here.

I am from Omaha and go to most games, If you go to the Knights web site, they offer a computer video stream of game from the B2 network.  I have never got it, but others tell me they can see the game well.

Hope you enjoy watching Prust play. We sure miss the spark he brought to our team here.

Its too bad your missing his sparks there in Omaha. Were really enjoying it here in Calgary :D

Archived