Knights camp

Offensive stats in the Q are often inflated, and besides, there have been a lot of guys before this who scored lots in junior and weren't even drafted by NHL teams. Scoring 100 points as an overage junior isn't unusual -- it's practically expected. There's probably a good reason Carnegie was never drafted.

My inclination is that the Flames would rather as many of their own signed, legitimate prospects in Omaha as possible. Some of the guys who are trying out for the Knights -- such as Jody Robinson, for example -- are under contract with the Wranglers. Their best hope is to be called up from Vegas if one of the Knights gets called up to Calgary. The Flames have enough guys under contract to stock a top-level farm team, and then some. Anyone wanting to crack that group has his work cut out for him.

Offensive stats in the Q are often inflated, and besides, there have been a lot of guys before this who scored lots in junior and weren't even drafted by NHL teams. Scoring 100 points as an overage junior isn't unusual -- it's practically expected. There's probably a good reason Carnegie was never drafted.

My inclination is that the Flames would rather as many of their own signed, legitimate prospects in Omaha as possible. Some of the guys who are trying out for the Knights -- such as Jody Robinson, for example -- are under contract with the Wranglers. Their best hope is to be called up from Vegas if one of the Knights gets called up to Calgary. The Flames have enough guys under contract to stock a top-level farm team, and then some. Anyone wanting to crack that group has his work cut out for him.

yeah they are definately inflated... Jason King had what 60+ goals one year in the Q... teh same year Lombardi had like 120 points or something... both are solid examples of inflated scoring stats :lol:

yeah they are definately inflated... Jason King had what 60+ goals one year in the Q... teh same year Lombardi had like 120 points or something... both are solid examples of inflated scoring stats :lol:

All offence in that league. Wide open play. Big reason why pretty much no good dmen come out of the Q. They all play for offence. Not like the dub, which looks like it gets less talented players, but in reality there just playing a more pro/defensive game.

Hey guys this is my 1st post on here just was checkin in on the wranglers to see if my best buddies older brother (Jason Jozsa)has a fighting chance at crackin the knights this season. With gio likey starting for the flames it dose leave a roster spot open for the time being.

just wanted to know if any one has hurd what the roster is shaping to as

Hey guys this is my 1st post on here just was checkin in on the wranglers to see if my best buddies older brother (Jason Jozsa)has a fighting chance at crackin the knights this season. With gio likey starting for the flames it dose leave a roster spot open for the time being.  

just wanted to know if any one has hurd what the roster is shaping to as

I haven't heard but the team has some really good depth this year. I'm never heard of him but looking at his numbers on hockeydb.com it looks like he's more likely to make the Vegas team if anything.

Well, my reasoning is such:

1-he's not particularly big, especially when it comes to weight.

2-he's spent 3 full seasons in the ECHL already and hasn't made the jump. 3rd in points as a dman is fine but not if you're in your 3rd season and you're not a bruiser.

3-he's already 25 years old

ya i understand that fully thanks for the insite :D

just new that he got a tryout with the knights was seeing if he finaly got his shot is all, but i can see him palying for the wranglers for sure and i know that all his stats may not be all that inpressive but who knows it could happen right :)

Again thanks for all the help

GO FLAMES GO

Ahead of Josza are:

Richie Regehr

Tim Ramholt

Brett Palin

Adam Pardy

Steve Marr

Tim Hambly

With either Brad Ference or Mark Giordano likely to be reassigned when Warrener is healthy. All those guys are Flames property, so they'll be given priority over non-signees.

Chances are that one of Josza, Harikkala or Robinson will see time with the Knights to start the season until someone gets sent down by Calgary, and one or more of them will probably be called up on occasion throughout the year. I don't think any of those three is likely to spend a lot of time in the AHL this year.

Archived