6 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins, comment why

• Vegas
    • Winnipeg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Fins&FIre15 said:

So teams who pay 500 million or more on new arenas/upgrades should get to take a top 9 player from every team? Ok, valid point.

Not blaming vegas, blaming the format, which is garbage.

Say what you want, but an expansion team should never be put in a position to make the finals in year one, sorry if you disagree.

Trouble is just about everyone looked at the selections and said they would be lucky to make the playoffs. These are the professionals, the so called experts and the fans who think they know... all said they would not do much or go very far. This isn't the NHL gifted them a cup, this is a good coach who has a great plan for a fast team with a good goaltender... 

Can't claim foul now after the fact  everyone didn't think they had that good a team..

12 hours ago, Fins&FIre15 said:

OK, fair enough, good counter argument.

I think for me, it shamefully boils down to jealousy.

I've poured so much of my soul in to cheering for the sharks and flames, and after so many years of disappointment, it really bothers me that a team who didn't exist last year can make the cup final, especially without their cocky fan base feeling a lick of what we've been through.

Sharks-Only cali team without a cup

Flames-Baby brothers of the dynasty up north, who doesn't get the same attention when playing well, and also gets no lottery luck.

Just tired of feeling like my allegiance keeps ending up on the short end of things I guess. And yes, I turned this in to a pity party post, sorry about that.

Very fair take. Vegas has sure made all the other GMs in the league, and analysts too, look pretty silly. Feeling that way is pretty fair. 

Archived