5 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins, how many in comments

• Jets
    • Preds

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Flyerfan52 said:

3-1 after 2 periods & I'm still sweating. Earned not given is the word.

BTW, LV is selling tickets for Knights vs Preds. Could be a collector's item.

I'm thinkin' the Preds are going to get pegged. :o

36 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I'll tell you right now, ff. Stasney won't be leaving the peg.

One of Chevy's faves, we're seeing why.

Looks like a great relationship for both.

Unless Stastny takes a huge discount he has too. There are just so many core players that need to be re-signed.

This year 1st on the agenda is tying up Laine forever & Wheeler only has 1 year before UFA. Both sides of the #1 D pair of Trouba & Morrissey will be RFA Juls 1 as will be Helle, Lowry & Armia.

Laine & Wheeler don't dent the cao until 2019-20 but the others will eat up that 20ish million pretty fast. It might cover those 5 with a bith of room for some ELC callups. Even if the cap goes up 5 million & Stastny signed for that it leaves no wriggle room. Only options are Mason reting (wouldn't surprise me), Kulikov doing the same or asking for an out to return to Euro hockey (he had a tough year as well) & not re-signing Enstrom (who will be happy to return to Sweden as he has a sick family member there). Mason & Kulkov slear about 8 million but the 2nd goalie position needs to be addressed while Kulikov can be replaced in house.

That doesn't even count Kyle Connor who goes RFA after next year as do other prizes almost ready for the big show. That's the downside of this draft & develop. Do it well & you can't keep the band together under a salary cap.

What I found cool was @ the after game celebration the crowd @ Portage & Main burst into singing O Canada, According to friends on the WPS working crowd control there were no incidents.

Anyone notice that after chasing Rinne 1/2 way through the 1st the Jets chased a big part of the crowd in the 3rd. :lol:

It feels good to be a Manitoban today.:) My family & former Manitoba freinds that live in your great province were all decked out in Jets gear cheering on their former home. Some are now Flames or Oiler fans but threw their support behind the Jets after their 1st choice was eliminated.

While all the talk is maybe rightfully polarized at what Vegas has been able to do, Winnipeg's trials and tribulations with the NHL is also a great story.

I wonder if Wash vs Vegas is Bettman's dream final...all the more reason I want the 2 best teams imho, the 'Peg vs TBay.

Archived