WC Rd 2 - Jets vs Preds

conundrumed

WC Rd 2 - Jets vs Preds  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins, how many in comments

• Jets
    • Preds

The only weird thing I remember about Winnipeg was when I took over for a co-worker who just finished the night shift. He was sitting down with this blank stare on his face and he kept repeating that he had just been robbed at gun point. Being less than sensitive in my 20s, I didn't see what the big deal was. I mean, he wasn't shot or anything. It wasn't his money. What's the problem? At the same crummy job, when I was doing the night shift, I recall this total drunk coming in for fuel. He just missed the pump with his Audi. I filled his tank and told him he was way too wasted to be driving. He got a little angry and told me to stuff myself. I had this internal argument about whether I should call the cops because I didn't think he would make it home without getting into an accident. He drove away angry at me saying something intelligible, and I was about to call the cops, when I heard this major bang. I looked out and noticed that he made it about 50' from the station, and the car was a wreck. He ran into this rather large cement planter. I think it had a diameter of around 3.5' or so. I called the cops, but somehow this guy managed to drive away. The car still worked and he woke up. He didn't get far though.

Gonna be a vigorous game tonight. The Jets really need to win this one and take back home ice. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is kind of insane. I thought the Washington and Pittsburgh game was interesting as well. I wish that the Flames would make the kind of donations to the referee's annual Xmas party like the Pens do.

Still not quite clear on the Wilson suspension. It looked clean to me. Are players held to account on the results of their hits or the intent of the hits? If it is both, then they might as well eliminate checking IMO.

22 minutes ago, Cowtownguy said:

It is kind of insane. I thought the Washington and Pittsburgh game was interesting as well. I wish that the Flames would make the kind of donations to the referee's annual Xmas party like the Pens do.

Still not quite clear on the Wilson suspension. It looked clean to me. Are players held to account on the results of their hits or the intent of the hits? If it is both, then they might as well eliminate checking IMO.

Classic!

Just now, Cowtownguy said:

What a brutal way for Nashville to begin the 3rd period. Wakey, wakey, eggs and bakey.

Look at Scheifele's hand position on that rip. Hands are maybe 2 glove lengths apart max. The sticks a whip. When he lifts his hands in celly, you see his left hand is way up the shaft. 

Classic sniper, it's an art form!

Monday is going to be some game! Jets want to feed off that ever growing crowd to put the Preds away.

The city is really into this. 1 of the players (Stastny I think) said he'll probably skip grocery shopping this week as he'd be spending more time talking to excited fans in Safeway/Sobeys than shopping. :lol: I love that he came up with that off the cuff remark in the post game interviews. Along with the other vets he helps keep all the young players experiencing their 1st NHL playoffs loose.

What do you figure ff, 50,000 for the arena and surrounding area?

Winnipeg is what, 750,000 people?

That is unreal. And those that stay home and watch on TV?

Probably 700,000, lol.

This is only conference semis.

How completely insane could this possibly get?

Sure would be sweet justice to get SJ back there...

4 hours ago, conundrumed said:

What do you figure ff, 50,000 for the arena and surrounding area?

Winnipeg is what, 750,000 people?

That is unreal. And those that stay home and watch on TV?

Probably 700,000, lol.

This is only conference semis.

How completely insane could this possibly get?

Sure would be sweet justice to get SJ back there...

50,000 would be a good guess IMO. I know that most home are watching on tv as I've read the city waterworks sees a noticable change every between period break from all the flushing toilets. :lol:

I can see a beer vendor from my window & every game day it's bumper to bumper while even the walk up people form quite a crowd. That isn't just the last hours before the game but continues all day.

It's going to be crazy tomorrow (& not Vancouver crazy) but my friends on the WPS tell me they are ready for the unexpected even if the crowd has been well behaved. It sounds like they have this well planned out. It'll be the biggest party this town has ever seen until we advance even further.

The day after a game many places are down to a skelaton staff due to sick calls (thanks for the late starts NHL :mad:) with those that did show up looking like they'll fall asleep on their feet.

I doubt we'll see SJ this year (if we advance) but I was talking to my cousin about if we did how sweet it would be to kick E Kane's butt (& I can imagine guys like Buff & Wheeler flipping coins to see who gets to tear the 1st piece off Evander :lol:). That doesn't even allow for the comments about our city from some of their players.

But, like the Jets players I won't get ahead of myself. We have to win the series against Nashville 1st. After that our guys will definately be battle hardened. This game 6 will be a huge test. 1 thing I'm hoping to see is Laine & Elhers revert to form & score @ the rate we saw during the season.

Truthfully, I'm possitively vibrating during the games. So are the peeps in a little f/book thread I start every gameday. It's family & friends from all over NA but almost all have ties to the small town I was born in. It's a fun thread but we are united in our rooting for the Jets. Even our gal that lives in Nashville is wearing a Jets jersey come game time.

A couple of notes about the Jets/Preds I thought some would find interesting.

Everyone knows that Scheifale is a self-confessed hockey nerd but he seems to have a photographic memory as well. Sometimes when analizing game tape the coachs will call him into the room for his opinion on certain plays whether good or bad. Without re-watching the plays he'll recall what he saw & critique what went right or wrong. This kid will be a great coach when he's finished playing.

This is about game 6 rather than the Jets but PK Subban has guaranteed a Preds win. Stupid as that's bullitin board stuff & puts an even bigger target on his back.

Nashville (with good reason) is touted to have the best top 4 D in the league. However it dives after that. The Jets have made do with a patched together defense that used 10 different players this season.With 2 Vezina goalies facing each other the Preds should hold a huge advantage but somehow both D have 10 points total. Jets now run the closest to their top 6 they have in months (still missing Kulikov) but have more than kept pace. (BTW, that leads to the ? of if the Flames should trade 1 of the fab 4 in favor of using a top 3 with good depth behind them. With so many RFAs to re-up I'd be looking @ Wpg. if I were BT. They'll sign the cream but that leaves a Poolman or Morrow on D[I'd take either over Stone] or Tanev as a depth F with hands.)

Remembering that when Lavy was the Flyers coach he used a choice of plays to make the Lightning 1-3-1 look foolish (passes between Flyers behind the blueline to keep the puck in motion while TB players stood there on the other side) & force a reaction I was surprised he used that in game 3. If you google it it's funny.

Preds going back to adding muscle tonight with Hartnell & Jarnkrok drawing in for Hartman & Salomaki. For Jets there are no changes unless Little isn't good to go in which case Hendricks would go in.

In this series neither game has won 2 in a row. Another thing for the Jets to overcome.

I doubt Stacey Natress will mess up either anthem like Lady Antebellum did with the US 1 on Saturday. :lol:

They showed two Predators fans super happy swinging towels after they scored the third goal. I don't know if those two people should score points for bravery, or be mocked for being so dumb. Not sure I would wear a Preds uniform in that crowd, in that city, right now. 

29 minutes ago, Cowtownguy said:

They showed two Predators fans super happy swinging towels after they scored the third goal. I don't know if those two people should score points for bravery, or be mocked for being so dumb. Not sure I would wear a Preds uniform in that crowd, in that city, right now. 

I read an article about the few Preds fans that made the trip up & they were amazed how well they were treated. Jets fans were helping them try to get tickets & showing them the best bars to watch if that was their preference. They mingled in the street party without an incident. Friendly Manitoba. :)

Some Jets fans in Nashville got hassled but there's a bar across from the arena where the headliner is a Manitoba gal pursuing her career (there are others) where they started congregating. They get bothered less as there is indeed safety in numbers. Southern Hospitality? :huh::unsure:

Off to Nashville for game 7. I feel good about that as no team in this series has won 2 games in a row.

Lavi is less likely to employ the 1-3-1 trap as that will put their fans to sleep.

Been a heck of a series so far.

What's fascinating about this game 7 is each team has missed out on a golden opportunity.

NSH blew a 3-0 lead in game 3, if they win that game they win in 6.

WPG came out flat in front of a raucous crowd in game 6 and wasn't as sharp as they should have been

I'm gonna say NSH squeaks out a 2-1 win in game 7. NSH goals from Craig Smith and Kyle Turris, WPG goal from Nik Ehlers

2 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Seeing the ECF starts tomorrow and runs every other day, gotta assume the WCF starts Saturday and runs every other day.

Whoever comes out of this is going to be feeling some fatigue.

Hopefully if it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger!

Hearing that as well.

3 games off between game 6 & 7 but only 2 Between the clincher & opening of the WCF.

Apparently the Bridgestone was booked for a concert by a guy named Timberlake or something.

Hughson is talking about Saros like he did 18-year-old rookie Sam Bennett. Then, he let in a goal and that story is no longer tenable. I wonder if Nashville has three goalies, because they pulled Rinne after just two goals. Presumably, that means Saros has just one more before he gets the hook.

Archived