Rules, Regulations and Replays - RRR's

DirtyDeeds

Anything for the above.

Got a beef with the way the refs are calling or not calling a rule?

Think some regulations are hampering your team?

Got a better way to do replays or like the idea of blueline cameras for next season?

As for me I think the NHL should rethink the way interference is called. There are too many pick plays and interference not being called. The Interference of today is the equivalent of clutch and grab of yesteryear.

Slashing/hatchet jobs are really boiling my potatoes this season.  Johnny isn't the only one getting sliced up, but he's the one I've noticed most over the season.  A two-hander to the wrists (or Duncan Keith's hatchet jobs to Johnny's ribs in the last Flames/Hawks game) needs to be called all the time.  If the NHL wants scoring to increase/improve, they need to allow their scorers the ability to score *without* being handicapped.

Slashing/hatchet jobs are really boiling my potatoes this season.  Johnny isn't the only one getting sliced up, but he's the one I've noticed most over the season.  A two-hander to the wrists (or Duncan Keith's hatchet jobs to Johnny's ribs in the last Flames/Hawks game) needs to be called all the time.  If the NHL wants scoring to increase/improve, they need to allow their scorers the ability to score *without* being handicapped.

I agree. This is the one that grinds my gears, I dont have a problem with some taps and what not, but these 2 handers are killing it.

^^ Yeah, those slashes have been wicked and not in a good way.

I'm interested to see how the blueline cameras will work in the playoffs, but I think I'll like it. I think I'm ok with the goalie equipment changing. I've only known NHL hockey really since '04 (sorry, I wasn't born a Canadian) so I'm not sure I really noticed if/when the equipment got so bulky.

I'm curious to see how the coach's challenge will work in the playoffs. Will crucial goals be allowed or disallowed? We all remember June 2004. Would we have a cup if there was a coach's challenge? How much will the inconclusive call be made instead of definitive one way or another.

I want more goal scoring.

1. I'm all for reducing the size of goalies equipment, just as long as the same level of protection can be retained.

If that doesn't work, making the goal nets larger is the next logical step.

Increasing the size of the rinks is just too expensive an option and may not work anyway.

2. The referees have to stop ignoring so many of the hand/wrist slashes.

The higher skilled players seem to take the brunt of them.

3. Goaltender interference has to be called more consistently.

I saw too many goals called off due to near non-existent contact, and others that counted when the goalie was obviously blocked out of position.

• 2 weeks later...

So how do you all think the new tech and coach's challenges are going so far in the playoffs? Like, hate, meh?

That Dallas Roussel goal was so weird.

I'm a bit tired atm, in my posts in other threads didn't reveal that yet, so I'm not remembering anything in particular but I think there's been a few momentum changes due to reviews.

Oh, and the Nashville radio broadcasters are really salty about the reffing the last 2 games.

Archived