GameCenter Live & Chromecast.

DirtyDeeds

When I was shopping a little while ago for video Card and Monitor I ran across the inexpensive Chromecast gadget($30). This takes anything you have on your web browser and sends it to your TV via WIFI. Supposed to be in HD etc so I have done some YouTube testing and the quality is fairly good depending on the quality of the streams there.

Last night I figured if the GameCenter Live content is HD then a year sub will be a fair price to pay. I couldn't get it up and running last night for the opening game due to some CC invalid number but today on another Debit Visa my subscription went through easily.

Crossing my fingers and holding my breath I do not run into any blackouts or problems. This should be a big help just for my travel and laptop if that is all I use it for.

Anyone else have good things to say or horror stories on either the Chromecast or Game Center Live?

F****en love it.

For those of you that are Rogers wireless customers.... We get it for FREE. I was talking to a buddy of mine yesterday who didn't know that... So I figured there are plenty of others as well...

Got a new Rogers phone last Christmas and been loving it since.

I watch on my main tv through Roku... And in the basement thru my PlayStation... Then the usual suspects-my android and iPad.

The interesting thing you'll find is the NHL app is different on every device.

The Roku one is the ugliest... PlayStation one is the most annoying but has an awesome classics section - went back and watched pieces old youngstars games from 11-12 yrs ago a few months ago... iPad is beautiful... So is the android, it's the least desirable due to screen size.

I'm from Van... I was able to use it on my iPad in NY... And when I was Barbados! I was sitting on the patio in Bardados watching the Canucks-Flames playoff games.. I love it.

I generally like Gamecenter. If you have a good internet connection it works pretty well. If you don't, you might have to pause and get a bit behind for smooth video. I often hook it up to my TV via HDMI cable.

That said, living in Oklahoma, I can't watch ANY hockey but the Stars but only on a special channel subscription. So I get blacked out for a few games per year but I get to watch 95% of my Flames games. With the new single team package, you can also pay a bit less if you only follow one team (Flames).

TLDR: I don't have much choice but it works pretty well.

Archived