Flames games on TV

Anar_Sajoo

When I heard that all viewing rights have been taken from CBC, it was my conviction that every game will be televised by TSN.  Little did the public know that watching our Flames perform would be an all or none affair. Last weekend we could watch the Maple Leafs, the Canadiens, the Penguins, the Lightning, the Oilers but notwithstanding that the Flames were also playing, the game was not televised.

Why is this so?  Why should Flames fans be refrained from watching their team.  We are definitely not interested to view other teams if the Flames games are not televised.

The Flames game last weekend (I assume you mean the home opener against Vancouver) was definitely on televsion.  Sportsnet (not TSN) holds the broadcast rights for the NHL for the next 12 years (read this article).  Sportsnet has many different channels on Shaw cable (not sure about Bell or Rogers), and sometimes they broadcast the games on Channel 302, which is typically a PPV channel, but is what I call an "overflow channel".

All games have been televised so far this year.  You can see the broadcast schedule right here --> http://flames.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=101060

One thing the the new TV deal has going for it that no one can complain about... is the massive amount of games that are available for us to watch now... its insane...

I have Shaw Gateway and PVR'ed 6 games on Saturday night, SIX!

Like tonight... in Alberta... you guys get all 3 games televised...

When I heard that all viewing rights have been taken from CBC, it was my conviction that every game will be televised by TSN.  Little did the public know that watching our Flames perform would be an all or none affair. Last weekend we could watch the Maple Leafs, the Canadiens, the Penguins, the Lightning, the Oilers but notwithstanding that the Flames were also playing, the game was not televised.

Why is this so?  Why should Flames fans be refrained from watching their team.  We are definitely not interested to view other teams if the Flames games are not televised.

Where are you from? All 82 games are to be aired.

Some of which, however, are regional games which could be why they're not on.

Thank you for your responses, pals.  It was not the home opener that I was discussing but the second game I believe.  Even tonight we could not watch the Montreal game; and it is my conviction that watching NHL games has become a ppv affair.  

Ahh, I think I know what the issue is. To specify the bolded part, you probably were talking about both the opener (against EDM) and the second game against St. Louis.

Both games were on Sportsnet 360 (the Montreal game yesterday was as well), which is probably why you couldn't see them. Your current package probably doesn't include 360. You will have to upgrade to a higher package likely to get it.

What is your provider?

Archived