Western Conference - Central Division - Pickem

DirtyDeeds

Minnesota beat the Avs in the playoffs without Harding. They will be fine without Harding the entire season.

You might be right. But we're just playing a preseason prediction game here...

Harding 18-7*-3

Keumper 12-8-4

Backstrom 5-11-2

Bryzgalov 7-1-3

*2 of those losses were his comeback games.. he was a flashy looking 18-5-3 with Vezina written all over his season to that point.

I happen to think they won't be as ok without him as you do.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=461268

Wild RFA goaltender Kuemper looking at KHL options 

This would be a blow.That would leave em with Harding-Backstrom...

That would hurt Minny a lot. I guess it's the only leverage he has for a 1 way contract.

This might be Brodeur's shot @ signing to be a starter again.

• 1 month later...

https://twitter.com/Hope_Smoke

Friedman "if you look up regression in the dictionary, that was it last night [Colorado-Minnesota]"

Friedman "the Avs had a really difficult time in the pre-season finding a spot for Iginla"

Friedman "they tried him [iginla] out with Duchene & ROR, that didn't work then they tried him with Landeskog & MacKinnon"

Friedman "I think what they've [Col] realized is they can't be a speed team all the time."

Friedman "[Colorado] Need to create situations where they have muscle & keep puck in the other end"

Friedman "they [Col] understand they 100% can't be way they were last year, but they haven't 100% understood how they're going to fix that"

• 6 months later...

1) St. Louis. Great players & depth @ forward. 3 top pairing defensemen followed by a few 2nd pairing types so a strong unit. Elliot adequate for the regular season so what the rookies do as backup matters especially for playoffs. Enough cap space to add a vet @ the TDL.

2) Chicago. The top forwards & defense are up there with the best any team can throw @ them. Supporting cast good enough. Crawford is better then he gets credit for.

3) Dallas. I just feel the current roster seeds them there.

4) Minnesota. A bunch of youngish kids (22ish give or take) ready to make noise. Much depends on the health of Backstrom & Harding in net as I don't see Kuemper ready to handle a starters load.

5) Winnipeg. (Partially home town loyalty.) Close again but no ticket to the dance. If Pavs is ever going to play up to his capability he'd better do it as even Chevy (& Zinger) must be running out of patience. There is enough talent @ both forward & defense for the team to make the playoffs but this core can't seem to get over the hump. Chevy really needs to make a few trades for talent. Besides the ever popular names in the rumor mill (E Kane, Bogo & Big Buff) I'd add Enstrom. I like Enstrom but figure he is built/styled more for the east & see him as a #2 D on the majority of eastern teams. Any 1 of the 4 should bring good talent for both the now & future.

6) Loads of great young forwards but their defense leaves me cold. I have little faith in Varlamov. The excitment of adding to St. Patrick will have worn out & the loss of Statny will hurt more then they likely expected.

7) Nashville. This is the year they bottom out. Lavi coaches a totally different style then Trotz & I don't mean that as a compliment. He does a lot of things that leave you scratching your head. They have Rinni back from injury & a fantastic blueline but the adds @ forward really aren't much. Weber will have to lead the team in points again.

Totally wrong on Nashville.

Over-rated Dallas as well.

Archived