Forward Production At Even Strength

kehatch

I took a look at the top 10 scoring forwards on the Flames.  I wanted to see how they are contributing at even strength compared to the other forwards.  I looked at how many points were generated when each forward was on the ice.  

The Flames forwards have combined for 155 points EV this season.  Here is how it breaks down:

1. Hudler (72)
  2. Monahan (45)
  3. Backlund (42)
  4. Cammalleri (39)
  5. Jones (37)
  6. Stajan (34)
  7. Stempniak (33)
  8. Baertschi (28)
  9. Glencross (25)
  10. Colborne (25)

Next I looked at the points generated relative to the time on ice at even strength. 

1. Hudler
  2. Monahan
  3. Glencross
  4. Baerstchi
  5. Jones
  6. Backlund
  7. Cammalleri
  8. Stajan
  9. Stempniak
  10. Colborne

Hudler has been driving the Flames offense.  But the Flames young guys are looking good as well.  Monahan is second in total production and per minute.  Backlund is third in total production.  And Baertschi is right there as well.  

I haven't posted much.  I am an admitted stats guy.  Hudler's offensive contributions, when put next to the young up and coming fellas on this team, is what makes me think that he is a keystone in the rebuild of this squad - whatever it may look like in two years.  He's on the team until when, 15/16, then goes UFA.  If he's as much of a pro as Hartley likes to tote, then keep him here to ferment offensive intelligence in the youth of the future of the team.  Enormous trade value for Hudler - I admit, but how much is he worth to the youngsters' development here?

Archived