In Case Of Lockout: Who Can Be Sent To The Heat

JTech780

I am just curious about who can be sent down to Abbotsford if there is a lockout.

1.Roman Cervenka: he is on his ELC so I am assuming that means there wouldn't be any issues with sending him to Abbotsford. I guess the real question is would he do that or just stay home. I think going to Abbotsford would be a good way for him to acclimatize himself to North America and the smaller ice.

2.Sven Baertschi: is he eligible to go to Abbotsford or does he have to play in Portland another year? He has nothing left to prove at the WHL level it would be nice to see him tear it up in Abbotsford with Roman Cervenka.

3.T.J. Brodie: he is still on his ELC but because of the amount of games he has plasyed is he eligible for waivers. He is still young enough where not playing could hurt his development, plus playing in Abbotsford could him offensively.

My understanding would be anyone who does not require waviers in order to be sent to the AHL can play the season out in Abbotsford and i'm pretty sure that is how the last lockout worked with guys like Kobasew and Lombardi being able to play in the A.

Baertchi is eligible for Abbotsford becuase he is a late birthday.

I am expecting Baertschi, Bouma, and Brodie to play in the AHL if there is a lockout. I also wouldn't be shocked if Cervenka played there. This season is about migrating his game to the NA ice and getting through his ELC. It isn't about money for him. Playing a month or two for the AHL may actually benefit him long term.

That leaves things pretty darn tight for the Heat though.

Horak-Cervenka-Kolanos

Baertschi-Walter-Nemisz

Byron-Street-Eddy

Bouma-Reinhart-Aliu

Piskula-Brodie

Breen-Lamb

Martin-Carson

Taylor

Brust

RESERVE: Sylvester, Ferland, Howse, Bancks, Laing, Estoclet, McKelvie, Tuzzolino, Callahan

ECHL: Wahl, Cameron, Patterson

I am expecting Baertschi, Bouma, and Brodie to play in the AHL if there is a lockout. I also wouldn't be shocked if Cervenka played there. This season is about migrating his game to the NA ice and getting through his ELC. It isn't about money for him. Playing a month or two for the AHL may actually benefit him long term.

That leaves things pretty darn tight for the Heat though.

Horak-Cervenka-Kolanos

Baertschi-Walter-Nemisz

Byron-Street-Eddy

Bouma-Reinhart-Aliu

Piskula-Brodie

Breen-Lamb

Martin-Carson

Taylor

Brust

RESERVE: Sylvester, Ferland, Howse, Bancks, Laing, Estoclet, McKelvie, Tuzzolino, Callahan

ECHL: Wahl, Cameron, Patterson

Not too sure why guys on one way NHL contracts (red) would play in or be eligible for the AHL but I could be wrong, also the ones who are not waiver exempt as far as I know(Green).

I can see a Line up of;

Baertschi-Cervenka-Nemisz

Ferland-Reinhart-Aliu

Horak-Walter-Howse

Bancks-Street-Estoclet

Reserve; Sylvester, Laing, Wahl, Cameron, Patterson

Martin-Brodie

Breen-Lamb

Tuzzolino-Callahan

McKelvie

Not too sure why guys on one way NHL contracts (red) would play in or be eligible for the AHL but I could be wrong, also the ones who are not waiver exempt as far as I know(Green).

I can see a Line up of;

Baertschi-Cervenka-Nemisz

Ferland-Reinhart-Aliu

Horak-Walter-Howse

Bancks-Street-Estoclet

Reserve; Sylvester, Laing, Wahl, Cameron, Patterson

Martin-Brodie

Breen-Lamb

Tuzzolino-Callahan

McKelvie

Carson is on a 1-way contract so he isn't eligible. My mistake. But Piskula and Kolanos are both on 2-way contracts and Byron isn't waiver eligible. And there is no way they are putting players like Walter and Street in the bottom 6 while players like Ferland, Aliu, and even Reinhart are playing top 6.

Archived