How Does Reassigning Players In The Ahl Work?

Just came across the article on the heat website saying the Mitch Wahl has been reassigned to Hamilton. I am curious as to how this works. How do the roster movements work? Here is part of the article.

Abbotsford, BC - The Abbotsford Heat have recalled forward Justin Dowling to Abbotsford (AHL), reassigned forward Mitch Wahl to Hamilton (AHL) and reassigned forward Logan MacMillan to Utah (ECHL).

Thanks for pointing out these under the radar player movements. B)

I would merely consider these player movements similar to Flames < > Heat movements without the waiver roadblock.

Although I view these as promotions or demotions and the Wahl loan as possibly bad news, sometimes these moves are considered by others to be what is best for player development.

I guess we have so many good prospects that we can loan players to other teams.

Promotion - Justin Dowling

Demotion - Logan McMillan

Loan - Mitch Wahl

Just came across the article on the heat website saying the Mitch Wahl has been reassigned to Hamilton. I am curious as to how this works. How do the roster movements work? Here is part of the article.

Abbotsford, BC - The Abbotsford Heat have recalled forward Justin Dowling to Abbotsford (AHL), reassigned forward Mitch Wahl to Hamilton (AHL) and reassigned forward Logan MacMillan to Utah (ECHL).

This is a move to give Wahl a chance to play more I think. He hasn't been able to find ice=time in Abbotsford but is clearly too talented to be stuck in the ECHL, so they chose to let him play with a another club. I think this is a good move for Mitch and will help his development.

Archived