2011/12 Heat Roster

As discovered through a Abbotsford Heat tweet today, the Heat roster is up on the AHL website. Obviously the list is still a little long, but its definitely starting to take shape.

http://theahl.com/stats/roster.php

Forwards (15):

• Carter Bancks
  • Lance Bouma
  • Paul Byron
  • Guilliame Desbiens
  • Ryan Howse
  • Krys Kolanos
  • Quintin Laing
  • Logan MacMillan
  • Stefan Meyer
  • Greg Nemisz
  • Gaelan Patterson
  • John Rheault
  • Dustin Sylvester
  • Mitch Wahl
  • Ben Walter

Defense (9):

• Chris Breen
  • TJ Brodie
  • Patrick Cullity
  • Jordan Henry
  • James Martin
  • Brendan Mikkelson
  • John Negrin
  • Joe Piskula
  • Clay Wilson

Goaltenders (3):

• David Brown
  • Leland Irving
  • Joni Ortio

One name stood out to me, Krys Kolanos. He is back with the baby Flames, he spent 2007/08 in Quad City and amassed 30 goals and 63 points in 65 games with the team. He has played limited games since then though, partially due to being an injury recall in Minnesota and being injured himself. I also find no record of him playing at all in 2010/11, with the exception of a failed tryout with the Islanders. So this may be a comeback attempt for the Calgary native.

So far in his AHL career Kolanos has scored 106 goals and 202 points in 226 games. At the NHL level he has managed 20 goals and 41 points in 136 games.

Kolanos is 6'2, 200lbs and plays ever forward position.

looks like a veteran forward line is in the making to me

Laing - Walter - Kolanos

then maybe something like

Bouma - Byron - Nemisz

Howse - Wahl - Rheault

Bancks - Meyer - Desbiens

X-McMillan, Sylvester, Patterson

from what I was reading the lines in a practice on the 4th (i think) were

Sylvester - Walter - Nemisz

Rheault - Byron - Desbiens

Meyer - Laing - Bouma

Howse/MacMillan - Wahl - Patterson

Injured: Bancks, Kolanos

here is the link the the article.

http://www.bclocalnews.com/fraser_valley/abbynews/sports/heat/news/131149668.html

Also I think you are underrating Sylvester because he is a virtual unknown, 2 seasons ago in his final year of junior he racked up 35 goals and 93 points before leading the 2nd tier German league in goals (5th in points)

from what I was reading the lines in a practice on the 4th (i think) were

Sylvester - Walter - Nemisz

Rheault - Byron - Desbiens

Meyer - Laing - Bouma

Howse/MacMillan - Wahl - Patterson

Injured: Bancks, Kolanos

here is the link the the article.

http://www.bclocalnews.com/fraser_valley/abbynews/sports/heat/news/131149668.html

Also I think you are underrating Sylvester because he is a virtual unknown, 2 seasons ago in his final year of junior he racked up 35 goals and 93 points before leading the 2nd tier German league in goals (5th in points)

I wasn't underrating him, I just didn't know where to put him. I was considering switching him with Wahl FYI.

anyway, I have no argument with those lines. They look pretty good to me. Looks like a Calder Championship team B)

I wasn't underrating him, I just didn't know where to put him. I was considering switching him with Wahl FYI.

anyway, I have no argument with those lines. They look pretty good to me. Looks like a Calder Championship team B)

Its a better line-up but it still has a long ways to go. Especially on the wing.

It will get really interesting if Horak, PLL, Ivanans, or another forward are demoted. I am also curious how things end up on D, especially with Smith/Carson are sent down.

Archived