John Armstrong Brought To Training Camp

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=588589&navid=DL|CGY|home

Kind of surprising after not signing him in the offseason.

I thought he would be retained to be honest, shocked that he wasn't. Good to see him get a chance to prove himself and hopefully earn a contract somewhere as injuries have really screwed him over

To be honest I was hoping he would be re-signed by the team in the summer, because I think he would make an ideal 4'th line center. Glad they're giving him another shot, but with all the centers and Moss ahead of him in the lineup, he might be up against it. If BMo can't start the year, and Moss starts on the wing, and Armstrong has a good camp, you never know!

Just like to add that John Armstrong has signed an AHL contract with the Heat.

good for him. They've really got a log jam at center now..

Walter

Byron*

Wahl

Horak**

Bouma**

Cameron**

Sylvester

Dowling

Laing**

*=> might play for flames **=>might play wing

anyway, where did you hear this?

Not suprised at all, and I am also pretty happy about it. It think Armstrong would be in the NHL already fi he coudl stay healthy but he hasn't and he just hasn't had the continues games to grow as a player. I think the fact that they did not retain him had more to do with the injuries and that he still needed more time in the AHL and therefore an NHL contract was not a smart option but I was always hopeful they would at least give him a shot.

Archived