Ryan Walter To Be Named Pres Of Heat

Interesting that the Heat were in the bottom 3rd for attendance the last 2 seasons. Let's hope they can turn that bus around real soon. Hate to see this team have to pull up stakes yet again.

no risk of the team leaving anytime soon IMO unless the city of Abbotsford itself pulls the plug. The Heat have a contract with the city from what I gather where the city covers any loses incurred by the franchise. I also think with the Bruins moving to Victoria and Howse and Horak playing for the Heat it will help Abbotsford attendance.

no risk of the team leaving anytime soon IMO unless the city of Abbotsford itself pulls the plug. The Heat have a contract with the city from what I gather where the city covers any loses incurred by the franchise. I also think with the Bruins moving to Victoria and Howse and Horak playing for the Heat it will help Abbotsford attendance.

Oh I'm not suggesting it would happen anytime soon, I agree with you there. I'm just not sure the taxpayers are too happy right now. I also agree with the talent the Heat have now should also help with attendance. They should be an exciting team to watch this year.

As far as Ryan Walter being named President of the club, I like it. Solid hockey guy with a great background on and off the ice. Smart move IMO.

Archived