Flames Have Named Troy Ward As Head Coach Of Heat

Fan 960: The Calgary Flames have named Troy Ward as head coach of their American Hockey League affiliate.

Flames general manager Jay Feaster said Ward was selected by a panel that included himself, head coach Brent Sutter, former player and special assistant Craig Conroy, scout Ron Sutter and assistant GM Michael Holditch.

no surprises there. Hope he can keep these guys turning out right. Jim Playfair was a great coach, and I hope Troy can be as beneficial to the organization. Actually, I hope he can be more beneficial, but one thing at a time.

there are some things to like about his resume.

no surprises there. Hope he can keep these guys turning out right. Jim Playfair was a great coach, and I hope Troy can be as beneficial to the organization. Actually, I hope he can be more beneficial, but one thing at a time.

there are some things to like about his resume.

this is the part that stood out to me.
was also the General Manager/Head Coach of the Dubuque Fighting Saints of the United States Hockey League in 1993

assuming he still has ties to people involved in the organization and still tries to catch some games he may have been instrumental in the Flames picking Gaudreau

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to link a story in Abbotsford in regards to what we can expect from Troy Ward.

Heat will be Puck Pursuit team

REally like the sounds of Troy Ward so far. As we know Hesketh works out alot of the prospects who move to Calgary for the summer and apparantly after Ward was officially named the Head Coach, the prospects raved so much about him that Hesketh made a point to contact Feaster and King to let them know. One prospect mentioned he would "go through a brick wall" for Troy Ward. Really, really like the hire.

On a related note, Flames have named Cail Maclean as an assistant. Looks like he was a former ECHL coach of the year so looks like another positive hire.

My link

Just wanted to link a story in Abbotsford in regards to what we can expect from Troy Ward.

Heat will be Puck Pursuit team

REally like the sounds of Troy Ward so far. As we know Hesketh works out alot of the prospects who move to Calgary for the summer and apparantly after Ward was officially named the Head Coach, the prospects raved so much about him that Hesketh made a point to contact Feaster and King to let them know. One prospect mentioned he would "go through a brick wall" for Troy Ward. Really, really like the hire.

On a related note, Flames have named Cail Maclean as an assistant. Looks like he was a former ECHL coach of the year so looks like another positive hire.

My link

that type of style should be really good for players like Brodie.

Archived