Juuso Puustinen

No they lost his rights when they didn't sign him after his two year window was up. Under the old CBA you retained their rights basically for ever but not under the new CBA.

It's pretty unclear what happened to Juuso. The last word from the organization was Sutter simply saying "he is a 19 year old that we are not going to sign". But If I recall correctly there were a ton of rumors after his season ended in Kamloops that he was in Omaha and a day or so away from signing a contract. I've heard people say he had a military commitment in Finland he had to fufill but i've never had that confirmed. I've also heard that th eFlames soured on his attitude and commitment to fitness and defence.

I do think its safe to say he is not in the orgnization's plans.

• 2 weeks later...

Ya I've also heard that attitude was a primary reason the Flames moved one. I've read a couple of posters on other boards who have heard that the was tring to get 1st round pick money out of the Flames, and that he wanted certain amount of playing time and things in the contract. Thats alot for a 4th round pick to ask for and makes a little more sense to me given that right after his last WHL season ended Flames beat writers and reports all reported that Jusso had made his way to Omaha to negotiate a contract and then we didn't heard anything for a month so something probably happended.

Great talent and its a talent I would have liked to see at least be given a shot. Hopefully playing at home could humble him somewhat because there is no doubt this kid has NHL talent.

Archived