Abbotsford Heat Captains

Does anyone know who the Captain of the Heat is this year? And who the Alternate Captains are? Just curious who the leaders on that team would be.

Based on my meagre research observations, it appears the Heat are without a Captain.

They appear to only go with 2 Assistant Captains; currently Matt Keith & Joe Piskula.

I would have to remark that whomever came up with the brain dead idea of not having a Captain should be sacked.

Is it like a little game for children that the management is playing with the players in order for someone to step up and take the reins.

:lol::rolleyes::lol::rolleyes::lol:

Based on my meagre research observations, it appears the Heat are without a Captain.

They appear to only go with 2 Assistant Captains; currently Matt Keith & Joe Piskula.

I would have to remark that whomever came up with the brain dead idea of not having a Captain should be sacked.

Is it like a little game for children that the management is playing with the players in order for someone to step up and take the reins.

:lol::rolleyes::lol::rolleyes::lol:

Did they just pick the two oldest people to serve as Assitant Captains? And neither of them were drafted by us (or even drafted), Keith is the leading scorer but Piskula has one point?

Can you only have 2 Assistant Captain's in the A? Usually if you don't have a Captain dressed, you are permitted three Assistants.

• 1 month later...

Apparently Quintin Laing has been named Heat Captain.

You are correct.

I think it's a good choice. He's the oldest guy on the team. He finally made it to the NHL after years of playing in the AHL so he knows what it takes. He's won the Calder Cup. Plus, he's not the property of the Flames, so he won't be called up leaving the team captainless again.

Archived