2010/2011 Prospect Statistics Thread

The AHL

Skaters

Goalies

ECHL

Skaters (Just Hugo Carpentier at this point)

Goalies (JP. Lamoureux but currently has been called up to the A)

College Hockey

Aaron Marvin - C - St. Cloud St Huskies

Bill Arnold - C - Boston College

C.J Severyn - LW - Ohio State University

John Ramage - D - University of Wisconsin Badgers

Nick Larson - LW - Notre Dame

Major Junior

Joey Leach - D - Kootney Ice

Max Reinhert - C - Kootney Ice

Michael Ferland - LW - Brandon Wheat Kings

Patrick Holland - RW - Tri City Americans

Ryan Howse - LW - Chilliwack Bruins

Spencer Bennett - LW - Vancouver Giants (WHL) (Was traded at deadline)

Sweden

Alexander Deilert - D - Djurgarden (Swedish Elite League)

Henrik Bjorklund - RW - Rogle (Allsvenskan(below the SEL)) - on Loan.

Tim Erixon - D - Skelleftea (SEL)

Finland

Joni Ortio - G - TPS (has played in all three levels.

Looks like my old one didn't transfer over, but i think this is better anyway.

if I forgot anyone let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

I was surfing the net and did find Tim Erixon team webpage here.

Seems they are in 2nd place overall but I can't decode the way they compile standings and points. It appears after 23 games they have a record of 13 wins 3 ties?otl and 7 losses and also have a +24 goal differential. They are the highest scoring team(73) and have one of the lowest GA(49)in that league.

2. Skellefteå AIK 23 13 3 7 73 - 49 +/-24 44

I did not find player statistics but did notice Tim wears number 44. Not sure I am fond of the yellow and black uniforms though.

Maybe someone a tad more fluent in the local language can filter through that website and gather a bit more info from it.

The team represents a small mining town on the NE coast and has a pop of about 32,500.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I wish I knew more about the Flames and Puustinen and how the decision was made not to sign him. I know he had some military commitment issues but he's been playing in the Finish league for a coule years and has been playing well. He's top 20 in scoring and given how well he played in the Dub he was worth a look. I remember when he wasn't resigned Sutter was asked about him and the way he answered the question he made it seem likt he Flames just didn't have any interest in Jusso which suprised me at the time, and still does.

yeah it would have been interesting to see how Puustinen would have done. He was really good in the WHL and he's doing fine in the SM-liiga. Too bad it didn't work out for some reason.

I just looked at the stats of some prospects and the one thing I noticed is that the prospects of the 2010 draft seem to do really fine:

# 64 C Max Reinhart (Kootenay Ice/WHL): 71 GP 34 G 45 A 79 P +30

# 73 D Joey Leach (Kootenay Ice/WHL): 56 GP 5 G 25 A 30 P +16

#103 D John Ramage (U. of Wisconsin/WCHA): 37 GP 1 G 10 A 11 P +0

#108 C Bill Arnold (Boston College/H-East): 39 GP 10 G 10 A 20 P +0

#133 L Michael Ferland (Brandon Wheat Kings/WHL): 56 GP 23 G 33 A 56 P +3

#193 R Patrick Holland (Tri-City Americans/WHL): 71 GP 22 G 40 A 62 P +10

Reinhart, Ferland and Holland are scoring really well at WHL level. Considering we didn't have picks in the first two rounds, it's good to see that the prospects we picked later are doing well.

And a quick question: Spencer Bennett is down with Vancouver in the first round, 0-3. Could he play for Abbotsford when he's eliminated from the WHL playoffs? Don't know if he has signed an entry-level yet.

• 2 weeks later...

So Hockeys Future finally updated the prospect ratings for the flames (but not the rankings). Not that this really has anything to do with anything really, I just thought it was interesting that--for once--I actually more or less agreed with a lot of them. Hilites:

Tim Erixon 7.5B (Absolutely.)

Greg Nemisz 7.5B (not sure I agree with the 'B' but it's nice to see)

T.J. Brodie 7.0C (finally getting the recognition. :))

John Negrin 7.0C (good shut-down defender with a little puck-moving ability)

John Ramage 7.0C (look above)

Mitch Wahl 7.0C (where he should be. Interesting considering his poor season)

Ryan Howse 7.0C (finally cracked the "top six" barrier. Not sure I agree with the 'C' though.)

Leland Irving 7.0C (he was a D recently, I believe)

interesting to note: Cody Hodgson and Jordan Schroeder were demoted to 7.5B and 7.5C respectively. weird.

I thought the upgrades to Erixon, Brodie, and Howse were especially worthy of note, if only because they have all been mis-ranked by HF for a long time. Why did Erixon miss out on the top 50 rankings though???

anyway, I just thought it was nice to see flames prospects getting recognition outside these boards (and THN).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not much of a hockey future guy and I think they don't really give the Flames alot of credit. Erixon as a prospect though I think doesn't get enough credit in all circls, and i was really happy when THN had him as a top 20 prospect. Erixon doesn't have the wow factor, but that doesn't mena he doesn't have a high ceiling. i find too often Hockey Future puts too much emphasis on the 'wow" factor and or NHl readyness and not as much on what is the ceiling and floor of this player.

• 5 months later...

we may perhaps need a new thread for this (or rename this one). Looks like Markus Granlund is off to a good start in the SM-Liiga with 3 assists in 3 games. http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=19426

Michael Ferland 5GP 4G 2A 6PTS +2

Max Reinhart 3GP 2G 2A 4PTS 0 (plays tonight)

Joey Leach 5GP 1G 5A 6PTS 0 (plays tonight)

Sven Baertschi 2GP 0G 2A 2PTS -2

Tyler Wotherspoon - - - - - (injured)

Turner Elson 3GP 0G 0A 0PTS -5

Patrick Holland 4GP 0G 5A 5PTS +3 (plays tonight)

wierdly enough, the only player who has less than a PPG is Elson, and Baertschi is the only other who doesn't have better than that..

Laurent Brossoit 3GP 10GA 3.34GAA .889SV% 1W 1L 1OT 0SL (plays tonight)

no word on Cheese or any of the others.

NCAA:

John Ramage 2GP 0G 0A 0PTS -

John Gaudreau 2GP 1G 3A 4PTS -

Bill Arnold 2GP 1G 4A 5PTS -

Noteworthy: Gaudreau and Arnold both have more points than Chris Kreider

WHL:

Michael Ferland 6GP 7G 3A 10PTS +1

Max Reinhart 5GP 4G 2A 6PTS +1

Joey Leach 7GP 1G 5A 6PTS 0

Sven Baertschi 4GP 2G 5A 7PTS -2

Tyler Wotherspoon 2GP 0G 1A 1PTS -1

Turner Elson 5GP 0G 1A 1PTS -7

Patrick Holland 6GP 0G 5A 5PTS +1

Laurent Brossoit 6GP 16GA 2.79GAA 0.895SV% 3W 2L 1OT/SL

AHL:

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay.php?type=skaters

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay.php?type=goalies&season_id=

because I'm too lazy to type it all out.

NCAA:

John Ramage 2GP 0G 0A 0PTS -

John Gaudreau 2GP 1G 3A 4PTS -

Bill Arnold 2GP 1G 4A 5PTS -

Noteworthy: Gaudreau and Arnold both have more points than Chris Kreider

Gaudreau and Arnold must have lit it up in their 2nd game. Arnold had 2 assists in the first game and Gaudreau was pointless.

You also forgot Nick Larson who is with Notre Dame. He has 1 goal and 0 assists in 2 games.

Gaudreau and Arnold must have lit it up in their 2nd game. Arnold had 2 assists in the first game and Gaudreau was pointless.

they did, indeed. Apparently the coach is really impressed with the 3rd line of Gaudreau, Pat Mullane (2 goals), and Steven Whitney. Arnold I think is on the top line with Kreider.

You also forgot Nick Larson who is with Notre Dame. He has 1 goal and 0 assists in 2 games.

I always forget Larson, just like I used to forget Aaron Marvin. I suppose Larson is technically Flames property until next August?

and I just realized I forgot about Markus Granlund too :rolleyes:

Markus Granlund (SM-liiga) 4GP 0G 3A 3PTS 0PIM (9th on the team)

and I just realized I forgot about Markus Granlund too :rolleyes:

Markus Granlund (SM-liiga) 4GP 0G 3A 3PTS 0PIM (9th on the team)

Now 6GP, 1+3=4, +5 (plus one shootout goal). He's been playing with his brother Mikael in the 1st line (where anyone could get points), but he's done OK nevertheless. HIFK (the team) is playing with its lines a little and it's probable that Markus will get sent down once they find the right combinations, but I think these last games have been good for his confidence.

Now 6GP, 1+3=4, +5 (plus one shootout goal). He's been playing with his brother Mikael in the 1st line (where anyone could get points), but he's done OK nevertheless. HIFK (the team) is playing with its lines a little and it's probable that Markus will get sent down once they find the right combinations, but I think these last games have been good for his confidence.

that line must be really slow. Like, molasses slow.

the most telling thing for me is the +5, since(as you say) pretty much anyone playing with Mikael right now would put up points (btw does this mean Markus is playing on the wing?). Of course, brother dear probably has something to do with that, as well.

still, nice to know that mr. 45th overall can play with/against men. Especially since he's still only 18.

(btw does this mean Markus is playing on the wing?)

still, nice to know that mr. 45th overall can play with/against men. Especially since he's still only 18.

Yep, Markus has been a winger in that line. They'll play again tomorrow and I'll probably watch that game just for the Granlund brothers, if Markus is still in the lineup. BTW, I don't know if he's been on the powerplay at all. But we'll see. Anyway, it's not looking bad for him at all.

I'll stop making this into a Granlund-only thread after this post, but it seems he has really broke into the men's team of HIFK in SM-Liiga, it's not anymore just part of some roster experimenting. He's playing ok, and today he played 2nd line RW. He doesn't need his brother to play well, Petteri Wirtanen was his center tonight and Ville Peltonen played on the other wing, so he has some experienced veterans with him there.

He gets plenty of icetime and plays on the PP too. He seemed pretty exhausted after some shifts, but I think this season will be good for his physique and development in general. No points today, his team lost 1-3, but he had some good shots and made good passes. He's ready for this level.

Archived