ABBOTSFORD 1 @ MILWAUKEE 3 - 2010-10-23

I don't get what Playfair is doing with the goalies. he seems to be riding Irving alot, especially in back to back scenarios. I know they want him to take a step forward this year, but its getting to be a bit much.
Yeah, makes me wonder if Keetley is in the dog house. But his .857 SA% isn't exactly awe inspiring, so maybe Coach is waiting for him to show something in practice before he starts him again..

I didn't see or hear this one  as I was over at my brother's watching Lesnar get the crap beat out of him. But three goals in eighteen shots?  Irving under .900 SA% now too. This needs to be addressed IMO, it is costing us valuable points. Maybe we should trade one of our better defense prospects for a better goalie prospect? Maybe we should have kept Shantz?  Or was he a loaner? 

I was suprised they didn't keep Shantz. Given how up and down Irving and Keetley have been in recent years I thought for sure they would keep a guy like Shantz. I also agree with a point People made months ago, that why did you bring in Shantz and hamper the development of your two goalies only to release him after a year? I think the Flames are partly to blame for how they have handled their young goalies.

I still have a hard time blaming all of this on Irving, especially not having watched the games. I've seen him play two back to back situations, for a goalie that did not play all that many games last year. I'm not sure thats the best way to build consistancy in a young goalie.

Maybe it is the fact that they have no faith in Keetley, but however they do it they can't be playing Irving this much IMO.

Archived