Theo-WINS GAME FOR FLAMES!

[quote name='ThaLunatik wrote:

RML1421']

can you please PM me the links to these photos? or just tell me where you found em? cause I would love to make a Theo Siggy out of em

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/photos?gameId=290917003&page=1

I sent the same link to you Lunatik. There are 7 different Fleury pics if anyone wants to check them out.

I took these opening paragraphs from a story on the Flames Homepage.

At midnight on Thursday Theo Fleury was able to celebrate the fourthanniversary of his sobriety day -- the day he decided to give upalcohol and get his life back.

A few hours before that anniversary he got to play hockey in theNational Hockey League, something that had been a huge part of his lifeprior to his personal battles.

It had been six years since he had been on this stage but Fleury,
and attempting a comeback, was back on the ice where it all began for him so many years, so many miles ago.

In a Flames uniform. No.
. On Saddledome ice. In front of a friendly crowd that chanted 'T-H-E-O, T-H-E-O'  on his first shift of the game.

That was just the beginning. The script couldn't have been written any better.

They're absolutely right.  I mean almost 2 hours removed from the greatest "pre-season" game ever played and my face still hurts from from the perma-grin.  Now back when all this Theo re-reinstatement business started, I was one of the biggest doubters on this board and was very quick to blow off any chance he had at ever coming back.  Well, I am happy to say I am eating my words now.  I was wrong, incorrect, uninformed, ignorant and just flat out behaving like a world class homer.  If Theo never plays another game for the Flames I would still be all those things because I didn't believe he could do it.  Thank you Theo for humbling me.  I have listened to all of your interviews and read all the articles written about you since this all began and I have only have this to say:

I am proud of you and truly admire the man, husband, father and mentor you have become.  You are an inspiration to all those who face adversity in their lives and are looking for a second chance.  Thank you.

At midnight on Thursday Theo Fleury was able to celebrate the fourth anniversary of his sobriety day -- the day he decided to give up alcohol and get his life back.

A few hours before that anniversary he got to play hockey in the National Hockey League, something that had been a huge part of his life prior to his personal battles.

and attempting a comeback, was back on the ice where it all began for him so many years, so many miles ago.

In a Flames uniform. No.
. On Saddledome ice. In front of a friendly crowd that chanted 'T-H-E-O, T-H-E-O'  on his first shift of the game.

They're absolutely right.  I mean almost 2 hours removed from the greatest "pre-season" game ever played and my face still hurts from from the perma-grin.  Now back when all this Theo re-reinstatement business started, I was one of the biggest doubters on this board and was very quick to blow off any chance he had at ever coming back.  Well, I am happy to say I am eating my words now.  I was wrong, incorrect, uninformed, ignorant and just flat out behaving like a world class homer.  If Theo never plays another game for the Flames I would still be all those things because I didn't believe he could do it.  Thank you Theo for humbling me.  I have listened to all of your interviews and read all the articles written about you since this all began and I have only have this to say:

I am proud of you and truly admire the man, husband, father and mentor you have become.  You are an inspiration to all those who face adversity in their lives and are looking for a second chance.  Thank you.

I couldnt have written this any better. I was a doubter myself. Congrats on life, sobriety, family, health, and for tonight. I had tears welled up in my eyes. Absolutely amazing. Congrats Theo!

At midnight on Thursday Theo Fleury was able to celebrate the fourthanniversary of his sobriety day -- the day he decided to give upalcohol and get his life back.

A few hours before that anniversary he got to play hockey in theNational Hockey League, something that had been a huge part of his lifeprior to his personal battles.

In a Flames uniform. No.

Couldn't have put it better myself, more or less exactly how I feel (perhaps wasn't quite so sure he wouldn't make it but nevertheless). Great post.

I guess sticking up for him and hearing millions of jokes after telling people he was by far my favorite player was really worth it.. he didn't blow it at all in fact, he will make the team this year most likely. With that said, I live in Halifax right now.. will someone PLEASE POST FOOTAGE

PLEASE SUTTER - SIGN HIM! I haven't been this eager for a signing since JBo. I think Theo is ready NOW or at least give him 10 games into regular season and he'll be in fine form. I for one would be completely OK with seeing him secure a roster spot for the Oct.1/09 opener.

My Lord - Iggy, Joker, Dawes, Dion (HITTING), JBo, Theo, etc etc - What better form of entertainment is there on this planet ???

PLEASE SUTTER, GIVE HIM A SPOT AND LET HIM PLAY!!!

Never had a doubt ! ! ! !

I played against Theo many times before his NHL days . . . So when I heard that he was clean and trying to make a comeback I never doubted he would succeed and shine in moments like this.

Congratulation Thereon on your 4th year of sobriety. . .

So happy to see you put a dagger in the hearts of those non believers . . .

Cheers

Robin Kimpinski

Never had a doubt ! ! ! !

I played against Theo many times before his NHL days . . . So when I heard that he was clean and trying to make a comeback I never doubted he would succeed and shine in moments like this.

Congratulation Thereon on your 4th year of sobriety. . .

So happy to see you put a dagger in the hearts of those non believers . . .

Cheers

Robin Kimpinski

Archived