Realistic (and unrealistic) Trades - 2024 Edition

travel_dude

19 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

I’m wondering if that’s gonna be LVK? They are in the market for a RW he fits the bill 

Toffoli for VGK 2024 1st

Markstrom for NJ(VGK 2024 1st) +

So we end up getting the VGK 2024th 1st anyways and push our 2025 VGK 1st to a unprotected 2026 VGK 1st.

Won't happen but is fun to speculate. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

Rumour is Vancouver wants Tofolli instead of Guentzal now?

Mmm lindholm would be a nice fit in NJD…could free up Mercer for Markstrom? Also I like the Tofolli fit in VCR better than Guentzal just seems like a better fit…no real substance behind it just feel like a better fit 

Anything is possible…?!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, redfire11 said:

Toffoli for VGK 2024 1st

Markstrom for NJ(VGK 2024 1st) +

So we end up getting the VGK 2024th 1st anyways and push our 2025 VGK 1st to a unprotected 2026 VGK 1st.

Won't happen but is fun to speculate. 

Vegas is "highly unlikely" to trade the 2024 1st.

They could trade the 2025 first and then we get the 2026 first.

I say unlikely because they are hosting the draft and the only reason they get to go to the podium is the 22024 fist.  Sure Bettman will let them up there initially, but the love their show.  Having no 1st makes that less of a show.

Just now, travel_dude said:

I say unlikely because they are hosting the draft and the only reason they get to go to the podium is the 22024 fist.  Sure Bettman will let them up there initially, but the love their show.  Having no 1st makes that less of a show.

I agree, though 2025 is supposed to be a good and deep draft…2026 has a few intriguing guys:

Bedard’s cousin 

Joe Iginla 

Just now, MP5029 said:

Mmm lindholm would be a nice fit in NJD…could free up Mercer for Markstrom? Also I like the Tofolli fit in VCR better than Guentzal just seems like a better fit…no real substance behind it just feel like a better fit 

Anything is possible…?!

Poor Lindholm (LOL).  Thought he found a new home in VAN.

Likely to move in a trade or as a UFA.

Toffee works in VAN because he's a high possession shooter.

Possession tends to be a problem sometimes.

Lindholm should have worked for them, but he was miscast.

Just now, MP5029 said:

I agree, though 2025 is supposed to be a good and deep draft…2026 has a few intriguing guys:

Bedard’s cousin 

Joe Iginla 

Vegas already traded 2025 to us, so they are only able it or be bottom 10 to keep it.

We have a few kicks at the can as of now.

MTL might actually want our pick this year.

Don't know.  

Just now, travel_dude said:

Poor Lindholm (LOL).  Thought he found a new home in VAN.

Likely to move in a trade or as a UFA.

Toffee works in VAN because he's a high possession shooter.

Possession tends to be a problem sometimes.

Lindholm should have worked for them, but he was miscast.

Well, all we can do is wait and see…

im still hoping Conroy makes another reasonably size move before the deadline…be it Kadri, Manji or Markstrom…all Are tradable but…no need to so I figure they could gain some good returns…and we have 1 retention slot still available for this year may as well and try and capture some

assets on it.

2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Vegas already traded 2025 to us, so they are only able it or be bottom 10 to keep it.

We have a few kicks at the can as of now.

MTL might actually want our pick this year.

Don't know.  

The conditions on the 1st were they could trade it up to the 10th…basically the TDL this year and our first slides to 2026 

45 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

Car has 3 on waivers…they are making room for something…heard they may also have interest in Markstrom?

Freddy Andersen is back off IR and playing tonight. Sounds like they want a scoring winger.

7 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I've heard the Rangers are also not moving their first as MSG owns the Sphere.  Don't think its uncommon for host cities to hold on to their firsts, its hard a hard sell as is in most markets locals in the US generally don't care about any other team besides the home team.

4 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Freddy Andersen is back off IR and playing tonight. Sounds like they want a scoring winger.

I know of a guy signed at only 5.8 million with a year remaining, not much of a scoring winger this year but has hit 35 in the past.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, sak22 said:

I know of a guy signed at only 5.8 million with a year remaining, not much of a scoring winger this year but has hit 35 in the past.

I guess instead they want the more consistent goal scorer with Stanley Cup pedigree, but is a UFA.  Too bad

• Haha 1

Pretty torn on this one. 

On one hand Dreger is Nonis' cousin so it's easy to say there is a connection there. Having said that this is bad story to leak and have out there. Doesn't speak with on your hockey ops so I doesn't really make sense he'd want it out there. 

It wouldn't surprise me at all if ownership was pushing them to make the playoffs as that's very much their MO. Until your out of it, we want you to get ether. It's consistent behavior there for sure. That being said can you really look at this d core and say yup we'll get in?

Some mixed messages here for sure. 

• Angry 1

1 minute ago, cross16 said:

Pretty torn on this one. 

On one hand Dreger is Nonis' cousin so it's easy to say there is a connection there. Having said that this is bad story to leak and have out there. Doesn't speak with on your hockey ops so I doesn't really make sense he'd want it out there. 

It wouldn't surprise me at all if ownership was pushing them to make the playoffs as that's very much their MO. Until your out of it, we want you to get ether. It's consistent behavior there for sure. That being said can you really look at this d core and say yup we'll get in?

I really hate when these insiders start up crap.  If it's not obvious to the owners we are not making the playoffs this year, they have no clue.  You can only expect to regress when subtract two top 2 D from the team.  Why Dreger is talking about this bugs me.  Is this what he thinks or is this what he was told in confidence or to be leaked?

6 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Don't think he's going to be moved. 

Pre-TDL, it was probably obvious by now he wasn't.  One suitor and that got messed up.

In the summer?  Hope that's still an option and not Maloney and co coming out and saying 

that he was great and we are going back to the playoffs.  Like they did last summer.

30 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Pretty torn on this one. 

Just playing chess I hope... just like the whole, "we're still trying to sign Hanifin" and then trade him 15 minutes later.

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

Pre-TDL, it was probably obvious by now he wasn't.  One suitor and that got messed up.

In the summer?  Hope that's still an option and not Maloney and co coming out and saying 

that he was great and we are going back to the playoffs.  Like they did last summer.

A loss tonight would turn on a few light bulbs up top (maybe)

16 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Don't think he's going to be moved. 

Yeah that just means there is noting immediate…not saying that he will be moved by end of day tomorrow…he could get pulled mid game too if something comes up…that’s happens many times before too…

This upper Mgt is gonna probably keep him thinking they can make it…huge mistake, I think the return drops in the summer cause there will be more options for quality G…I know the counter argument will be more suitors but also more decent quality options, maybe not as good as Markstrom but close enough for most of the possible

suitors 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Just playing chess I hope... just like the whole, "we're still trying to sign Hanifin" and then trade him 15 minutes later.

With any luck that’s all it is…Dragger’s points about a lower return in the summer makes sense 

4 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

I'm hoping its some sort of tactic to get what they actually want out of the trade.  I highly doubt it though.