GDT - Flames at Capitals November 25, 2022

travel_dude

Well, that was painful.  I’m not opposed to a loss if the effort is there.  This was not that.  Even the shots on net were into the goalie. I would rather hear numerous rings off the goalpost than than this.  At least then, it shows intentional shots rather then body shots constantly.  Calgary has a lot of work and soul-searching to do.

It’s like they’ve totally lost their identity!

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

Sutter just continues to make every fwd position tumultuous. It's gotta stop. 

Goes from having one or two lines going to having no lines looking good for most of the game.

AT least Huberdeau with Lindholm and Toffoli looked okay at times.

Same for Backlund's line before the shakeup.

Not sure what Rozie did wrong last game, but Sutter didn't ;ole it.

Gave him a string instead of rope.

The PP back to being dreadful.

I don;t understand why Ras drop passes almost every time.

There is no Gaudreau back there waiting.

Some of the passing in the zone is good, but way too much on one side.

Teams jusy have to overload one side.

I don't know if the lines originally were that bad or just no time to buld.

Since first changed, we have only won four and some of those were very close wins. 

A desperate losing streak begun after the lines changed.

I'm not entirely sure what the coach is looking for.

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

I think Sutter's zero patience routine is putting everything into constant chaos. 1 goal against, blender. Rosey has a bad game, gets the shaft. Lucic constantly being lousy, no matter.

Mayb Im not seeing the same as Sutter, but he said there is a reckoning for young players if they have a drop of in play.  Yeah, I get that the reason they are there is because they have shown ability.  But to say that when Lucic is getting more minutes seems odd.  I guess if you have little skill and give the best you have that is worth more than a skill player not having a great game?  

3 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Mayb Im not seeing the same as Sutter, but he said there is a reckoning for young players if they have a drop of in play.  Yeah, I get that the reason they are there is because they have shown ability.  But to say that when Lucic is getting more minutes seems odd.  I guess if you have little skill and give the best you have that is worth more than a skill player not having a great game?  

He wants pace but he's slowing it.

Is he playing possum? That could well be. I sure hope so. Don't really expect Markstrom to put us down 1-0 every game within 3-4 shots at most.

It sucks the life out of us. Not all his fault, but a lot of it is.

Be Blockchaining ready. We can open with a barrage and, "ope, we need their goalie". 0-1.

Shots: 8-2 Flames. Constantly.

The double standard from the coach is what I find the most confusing.

He thinks Ruzicka has tailed off, down to the 4th line.

Lucic takes a penalty that not only takes away a goal, results in a Caps goal. He gets to go right from the box, onto the ice for the shift following the goal.

I'm all for accountability, but it seems like it applies to some and not others. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, travel_dude said:

I didn't watch the game, but the ones I have watched it's definitely like that. They don't give any benefit of the doubt to players that are young yet keep playing guys who work hard but make plenty mistakes... I think it is bad for team spirit. I know when I've outplayed someone and don't get the nod. Then when you make a mistake you think you're cooked. Not fun.

13 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Lucic takes a penalty that not only takes away a goal, results in a Caps goal. He gets to go right from the box, onto the ice for the shift following the goal.

I'm all for accountability, but it seems like it applies to some and not others. 

I get the idea that he's trying to get young players to play consistent hockey. But it's never the same with vets. That's why they only score 15-20 goals if lucky. They only play that many games consistently . They might end up with 30-40 points and that's great. I get it's what you do when not getting points, but there a lot of players who don't do much when not getting points. 

5 hours ago, conundrumed said:

He wants pace but he's slowing it.

Is he playing possum? That could well be. I sure hope so. Don't really expect Markstrom to put us down 1-0 every game within 3-4 shots at most.

It sucks the life out of us. Not all his fault, but a lot of it is.

Be Blockchaining ready. We can open with a barrage and, "ope, we need their goalie". 0-1.

Shots: 8-2 Flames. Constantly.

I'm inclined to start Vladar two games in a row here.  Markstrom has been average at best this season.

4 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Sutter plays favorites but I think every coach does that to an extent.  I was actually surprised he stuck with Gaudreau - Lindholm - Tkachuk all of last season because he has such a short leash sometimes.

Huberdeau-Kadri-Lindholm is the only combo he hasn't tried yet I think.  I know that leaves us starving at Center depth but it's better to have one line scoring and dominating than all 4 lines struggling.

Another lackluster game and lackluster performance by Markstrom. I usally watch every game but shut this off half way through the 2nd. Is it just me or is there no emotion out there, it appears they have no energy no compassion or compete this year. There are 2 things that are glarring this season, goaltending is beyond horrible and the JG factor. For those who wanted to rid the club of this guy, this is what you get. Facts are we now have a border line non existant offense. Can also see that when we get scored on. the team just deflats. I think the movement of Chucky is less impactful than JG. I said it before we need a catylst to start something for this club some youthful energy or something. Currently its like death by 1000 paper cuts. 

5 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Sutter plays favorites but I think every coach does that to an extent.  I was actually surprised he stuck with Gaudreau - Lindholm - Tkachuk all of last season because he has such a short leash sometimes.

Huberdeau-Kadri-Lindholm is the only combo he hasn't tried yet I think.  I know that leaves us starving at Center depth but it's better to have one line scoring and dominating than all 4 lines struggling.

If you tried those 3 together.

you can put backs, Coles, Mang back together.

then try Ruzie and Toff on the wings with Dube at center.

keep the 4th line the same

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pikey7883 said:

If you tried those 3 together.

you can put backs, Coles, Mang back together.

then try Ruzie and Toff on the wings with Dube at center.

keep the 4th line the same

or go:

Dube/Toffoli, Ruzicka, Toffoli/Dube

try the wings on both sides. It is too bad Ruzicka is on and off. Most players are, but what do you do with minutes when off is the issue here.