Flames at Bruins - November 10/22

travel_dude

Yes zaddy. Dont let Marchand make his way to the front of the net. Take the body out. If y’all haven’t noticed, I love smart physical play. So many players these days get caught trying to check the puck… take the body. Doesn’t have to be a monstrous hit. Ride the guy out. Puck can’t score by itself! 

The last goal, Looch was on pace for a banger of a shift. Good puck possession, controlling the play, him and Ritchie had a good chance. Then come back and lays a thunderous check on Pasta. But at that moment, when Foligno engages him, he needs to be the aggressor. You’re already out of position, grab him and make him your dance partner, if he denies, at least you tied him up for the moment. Rather than rushing out to your d and trying to lay down in front of one. That’s not his game. Sometimes I love watching him, and other times it’s just ……..

I know it’s early. I know Vlad hasn’t played a lot for us. But I love this goalie. We’ve got a top 10 goalie in Markstrom, but I am VERY excited about Vladdy’s potential. His athleticism is incredible, and I rarely find myself criticizing a goal against him. I’m stoked that we extended him already. 

8 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

I know it’s early. I know Vlad hasn’t played a lot for us. But I love this goalie. We’ve got a top 10 goalie in Markstrom, but I am VERY excited about Vladdy’s potential. His athleticism is incredible, and I rarely find myself criticizing a goal against him. I’m stoked that we extended him already. 

He stopped two goals in close by himself with little help.

Marky is good but gets pushed in on those types of plays.

Overall, I have faith that both will get better this season, but Vladar has a leg up on the future.