treliving still can;t build a team

Horsman1

Not sure what some people around here expect. I don't think there ever has been a situation like what happened to Calgary in the NHL history.

I am referring to having 2 of 3 players from the same team and the top scoring line in hockey, up and leave a team. I am old guy and can"t remembersomething like this happening before.

Then to have one leave re-signing to the last minute only to decide to sign elsewhere for less than what the Flames offered.. (why wouldn't JG fire his agent for this terrible advice unless he knew in advance that he was leaving.) 

OP is suggesting with his comments that our GM is unable to build a team. I can't imagine what he could have done differently with that situation. This GM has brought in many high end players only to find out they don't mix or work out. How was he supposed to know in advance that they would not work?  ie Dougie Hamilton.

I don't know how to respond to this thinking. If it was easy to do almost all teams would be doing it. Not sure if OP can do that GM job mistake free? What we supposed to do? The owners want a playoff team but don't demand much else. Flames have to ice a playoff standard with up to max budget available. 

Easy in hindsight to complain but what would OP have done differently without hindsight. 

Isn't this a same thinking as I could have drafted better with hindsight after the result???

• Like 4

On 11/7/2022 at 5:37 PM, cross16 said:

Hey Siri…

show me a bad thread. 

thanks 

This made me chuckle, thanks Cross, needed that it was funny! Other then that in my opinion. just delete this whole thread its toxic and just looking for trouble, everyone's opinions matter but there are many other threads to feed on that this can fit into.