Mackenzie Weegar

Thebrewcrew

33 minutes ago, cross16 said:

There were a lot of rumors linking him to Ottawa. While I don't think Florida necessarily told him he would be traded, it sounds like this wasn't as much of a shock for him as it was for Huberdeau. 

Given their cap situation it looks highly unlikely they were going to be able to retain Weegar even if they didn't trade him. 

If he like skiing or the great outdoors, then Calgary is a decent place to be.

Capital region has decent lakes etc., but whatever.

Give him top minutes and he might really like the team and the outlook.

At least we can afford him.

Both him and Hubie are a little older, so it's not the same as what Tkachuk wanted in a city.

Not exactly the South Beach lifestyle, but give Hubie the big raise and he can afford to summer whereever he wants.

Skiing at Banff or Whistler.

Boating and fishing in BC interior.

I don’t see the hesitation around 7. Here are some signings the last couple off-seasons:

Hampus Lindholm 6.5mil

Morgan Reilly. 7.5

Mattias Ekholm 6.25

Parayko.  6.5

I’d take Weegar above all of those players. Would take him over Nurse and Jones who both make 9 plus. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cross16 said:

I don’t see the hesitation around 7. Here are some signings the last couple off-seasons:

Hampus Lindholm 6.5mil

Morgan Reilly. 7.5

Mattias Ekholm 6.25

Parayko.  6.5

I’d take Weegar above all of those players. Would take him over Nurse and Jones who both make 9 plus. 

Same. I'd gladly take him at LWer Reilly's contract. 2013 7th rder. 6th last player taken. lol

I think he can tell our prospects a thing or 2 about hard work.

Excited to get this done and move on to what else BT has up his sleeve.

On 7/27/2022 at 7:50 PM, Thebrewcrew said:

Love this ..  this is what I've been saying, many people haven't seen him are gonna be picking their jaws off the floor when they see how bloody good he is .. mostly in situations that we have been getting burned on ..

He does create some Brodie like blopeer reels yes.. but the good stuff will endear him to fans very quickly 

• 2 weeks later...

$5.5M-6M x 6 years is good value if BT can do it. I know he’s good and several of you would pay more. He’s a late round late bloomer. From a business standpoint though I hope the numbers come in around there otherwise we may have to move out someone else who is much younger like Hanifin sooner or later. Of course if Hanifin is moved anyway for another forward piece sooner I could see the flames offer $750k-1M more per season. I still would hope he comes in at $5.5M-$6M per year because I would hate cap jail down the road...