Stockton Heat 21/22 Season Discussion

35 minutes ago, cross16 said:

No surprises. Had flashes but keeps getting pushed down the depth chart so unlikely he'd get a NHL shot so KHL likely the better option. 

He was better in junior and never really managed to grab a spot.  In the KHL, he's done little there as well.  May have to go to a Euro league if the KHL has issues.

Time to shift attention to the Calder Cup playoffs.

Heat can clinch their spot in the Western Conference Final with a win tonight.

Won't be watching live unless I can find a stream.  7:05 MDT I believe.

Maybe I watch COL try to nail down their spot in the WCF to face the Oilstains.

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of an exodus on the Heat here, which honestly is not that surprising when you look at the contract situation and no one here really played a key role last year. 

Tuulola is too bad and he did play a bit of a role but I think his NHL clock was up so I can see why he'd want to head back home. 

It will be interesting to see if Ryan Francis makes it through the draft if the Flames bring him in on an AHL deal.

Tuulola came in with a bang at his first development camp, but never really followed that up. His skating held him back a bit.

Kinnvall was interesting, but started the season injured and never really found his footing.

8 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

It will be interesting to see if Ryan Francis makes it through the draft if the Flames bring him in on an AHL deal.

Tuulola came in with a bang at his first development camp, but never really followed that up. His skating held him back a bit.

Kinnvall was interesting, but started the season injured and never really found his footing.

This was the first year that Tuulola actually started to do something, but took most of the season to do it.

Kinnvall was often scratched, so the writing was on the wall.

Anyway, we have two new D coming to the Heat next season; Poirier and Kuznetsov.

Both are high end players in their roles.

Work in progress perhaps, but Poirier looks a lot less of a one way D.

Kuz has a mean streak.

On 6/23/2022 at 11:03 AM, JTech780 said:

Really speaks to how fleeting the opportunity is. Injuries are huge setbacks. Team moves on without you, you come back and it's not easy to jump into a roster that's been set for awhile.