Arsenii Sergeev - Goaltender

GOALTENDER - ARSENII SERGEEV (TRI-CITY STORM)

For the third time this season, Sergeev came home with the USHL Goaltender of the Week award this season after picking up a Friday night shutout, his fifth of the season and sweeping the weekend, becoming the first 20-win goalie in the league this season. The Calgary Flames prospect (2021, Round 7, #205 Overall) is currently on a six-game winning streak that continued last weekend after whitewashing the Force on Friday night, 3-0, before following it up with another win, 4-1 over the Lancers. Sergeev, a native of Yaroslavl, Russia, leads the league this season with five shutouts, 20 wins, 1.52 goals against average and 0.934 save percentage. With his third Goaltender of the Week award this season, the University of Connecticut commit became the first three-time winner of the season. 

39 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

GOALTENDER - ARSENII SERGEEV (TRI-CITY STORM)

For the third time this season, Sergeev came home with the USHL Goaltender of the Week award this season after picking up a Friday night shutout, his fifth of the season and sweeping the weekend, becoming the first 20-win goalie in the league this season. The Calgary Flames prospect (2021, Round 7, #205 Overall) is currently on a six-game winning streak that continued last weekend after whitewashing the Force on Friday night, 3-0, before following it up with another win, 4-1 over the Lancers. Sergeev, a native of Yaroslavl, Russia, leads the league this season with five shutouts, 20 wins, 1.52 goals against average and 0.934 save percentage. With his third Goaltender of the Week award this season, the University of Connecticut commit became the first three-time winner of the season. 

Great to see....nobody else anywhere close.   https://www.ushl.com/view#/goalie-stats

I do wish a better league had been found for him, But.... if he can enjoy a big playoff run and help them win a championship, this is an experience that I think could offset it.    Winning championships early in one's pro formative development has significant value.

Next year is going to be interesting.    Wolf potentially in the NHL?    I can dream.    And Sergeev, either college or the AHL?   Curious if Sergeev's college plans are still solid or if the AHL is an option for him.   

2 hours ago, jjgallow said:

Great to see....nobody else anywhere close.   https://www.ushl.com/view#/goalie-stats

I do wish a better league had been found for him, But.... if he can enjoy a big playoff run and help them win a championship, this is an experience that I think could offset it.    Winning championships early in one's pro formative development has significant value.

Next year is going to be interesting.    Wolf potentially in the NHL?    I can dream.    And Sergeev, either college or the AHL?   Curious if Sergeev's college plans are still solid or if the AHL is an option for him.   

It's a tough call.  Having him develop in college isn't the worst thing in the world.

I do think that USHL is no worse than playing on a CHL team.

Scott Wheeler of The Athletic has Sergeev 16/18 from our prosects under 23.

Generally gave him a good write up but pointed out that in the NAHL last season he was on championship winning team and his current team are one of the favorites in the USHL.   Wheeler wanted to see some more longer term numbers.

Overall was a good write up on our prospects he has 16th overall elague wise, which was a bit higher than Iwas expecting. 

A subscription to The Athletic is well worth it imo.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
40 minutes ago, sak22 said:

Stronger second half, but went long stretches of not playing early in the year.  Hopefully he lands in a good program where he can get over 25 starts next year.

Good news all around. I wondered if they might push him pro but I think another NCAA season is much better. 

still an intriguing prospect for me. When he’s good, he can be very good 

8 hours ago, cross16 said:

Good news all around. I wondered if they might push him pro but I think another NCAA season is much better. 

still an intriguing prospect for me. When he’s good, he can be very good 

I got hopes for him.

We'll see.  I do feel like one of the scouts, probably a Kipper fan, was like "let's just start drafting all the red-headed goalies"

Welcome to Ann Arbor I hope!!

He wasn't getting starts due to poor performance. Once the calendar turned to 2024, he worked his way back and was UConn's playoff goalie. I believe he sat around a .925 sv% since January (correct me if I'm wrong).

I like this news. I hope it's a Big 10 team for selfish reasons. BTC on the telly carries a lot of hockey, every team. Although college hockey has more than adequate streams via ethernet.

On another note, I worked through Shreveport for about a week through a bigger project. It's quite a nice city. Louisiana hockey fans are intense.lol It wasn't hockey season, but I'm Canadian, so, you know, once a Louisiana hockey fan senses a Canadian.lol

So how does a guy go about getting a hockey-scouting job in Louisiana? And based on the hockey fans that I met in Shreveport and Baton Rouge, will I be getting a bodyguard?

I'm not quite certain if they like hockey, or the fact that they get to let fists fly vs willing opposing fans. This may come across as racist if you haven't lived it, but it sounds a lot like following a Nations team in Canada.

Cool jersey though. "Crayfish is on the menu", is apparently what opposing fans like to say. @jjgallow traded me 200 6th rders, I desperately need eyes on the NAHL. lol

Full_Sports_Mudbugs.jpg?w=876&h=493&crop

*edit

you can't even find a RS mascot these days

• Like 1