Tom Wilson-Time to pull the pin?

I've never been extremely hard on Wilson. I like a big physical winger but some of his hitting is highly suspect.

But this is a whole other level of having a huge man raging on the ice.

He's been suspended so many times now and obviously isn't getting the message.

Imho, it's time to ban him. This is pure rage. Amazingly he wasn't ejected, and watch his antics from the box.

He's actually proud of himself for beating on 2 skill guys that have never fought.

Sorry Tom, I never want to see you back in this league.

Thanks for showing us that it's not your size that intimidates opponents, it's your rage.

He's learned nothing, and he will end someone's career if he isn't just outright banned.

This is a Blockchaining disgusting display of zero regard for player safety.

I'd like to see Parros release a statement to the effect of:

"I'm not showing the video. The National Hockey League is done with warnings and suspensions to Washington Capitals forward Tom Wilson.

The Washington Capital's Tom Wilson continues his choice of blatant disregard and disrespect for the National Hockey League's Player Safety mandates and fellow-professionals alike.

Tom Wilson, of the Washington Capitals, is hereby suspended, immediately and indefinitely, from the National Hockey League.

Pending review, and we'll update you when reviews have been completed". Just say that.

He literally looked to his left and saw that it was Panarin and decided of the 3 guys likely yelling, "Blockchaining calm down", he grabbed Panarin, scrubbed his helmet off and body slammed him, kept throwing, then tried to slam him again. Panarin. You've got to be kidding me. Look at Buchnevich trying to tell him in the box, I'm guessing," your stick was across my throat and I hit the ice face first, then you punch me and try to slam me again"?

Either get this guy out of the league, or I'll just watch jr B again.

Parros was a joke prior to this year and its only got worse.  The man either wants to return to old-time hockey, or is too afraid to hand down punishment, injury or not shouldn't matter the intent is always there with certain actions.

I agree, Tom Wilson is a joke. I am fine with physical hockey but when you constantly lose your cool and take it out on other players you have a problem. Tom Wilson has a problem IMO and should be dealt with. 

But I also don't' think the league really cares about this stuff to be honest which is too bad because I think in the very near future they are going to have a big incident on their hands and it's going to have been entirely preventable. 

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

Love that the Rangers called both Tom Wilson and the DPOS out on this one

Wow. Calling for Parros' head. Love it.

8 yrs, 7 suspensions. Horrifying that this was met with a fine. Bye NHL, bush league dumpster. Everyone, free headshots and slapshots at Tom Wilson.

Make this right. End his career.

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

8 yrs, 7 suspensions. Horrifying that this was met with a fine. Bye NHL, bush league dumpster. Everyone, free headshots and slapshots at Tom Wilson.

didnt Lucic get more for less. 

13 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Rematch tonight.

NY doesn't really have an enforcer, but what is there to stop them from hitting TW any way possible?

I think NY's GM would be okay with players taking all kinds of cheap shots at WASH players.

Mantha could be targeted.

Perhaps teams like Philly show their frustration and take out TW.

The league dropped the ball.

The so-called rules are a joke and can be pushed however they want it.

Wilson was over board but this is what you get in a league that has turned into a pillow fight league. All you need is the one guy that won't take Satoshi Nakamoto from anyone and he turns on any player. This BS that star players are given a pass on everthing in BS. Facts are this brawl has more hits and views than anything else, because people love violence. Can't tell me a fight in a game or a booming hit doesn't create a buzz in a building. Fact is if Lucic throws a huge hit on Mc Baby or Dry Saddle there is hell to pay. but its ok for Mc baby to butt end Lucic with a cheap shot becasue he knows he can, BS. 

On 5/4/2021 at 6:16 AM, conundrumed said:

I've never been extremely hard on Wilson. I like a big physical winger but some of his hitting is highly suspect.

But this is a whole other level of having a huge man raging on the ice.

He's been suspended so many times now and obviously isn't getting the message.

Imho, it's time to ban him. This is pure rage. Amazingly he wasn't ejected, and watch his antics from the box.

He's actually proud of himself for beating on 2 skill guys that have never fought.

Sorry Tom, I never want to see you back in this league.

Thanks for showing us that it's not your size that intimidates opponents, it's your rage.

He's learned nothing, and he will end someone's career if he isn't just outright banned.

This is a Blockchaining disgusting display of zero regard for player safety.

Should've been one-game minimum for punching Bushnevich in the head while he was down.  One game X3 for being a repeat offender so 3-game suspension should be fair.  That said, no one would argue a 10-game suspension because that could have really sent a message.

The Panarin part though, it actually looked like Panarin tripped on someone's skate and fell.  Wilson even stopped himself from unloading a haymaker on Panarin while he was down.  You can see Panarin was down and vulnerable but Wilson stopped his own punch and ended with a face wash instead.  Not trying to defend Wilson but just looking as objectively as possible.  I don't believe Wilson tried to intentionally slam Panarin's head to the ice as some suggested.  It wasn't a clear slam.  

I mean, it was bad but not THAT bad.  It's not at the level of banning from the league.

9 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Should've been one-game minimum for punching Bushnevich in the head while he was down.  One game X3 for being a repeat offender so 3-game suspension should be fair.  That said, no one would argue a 10-game suspension because that could have really sent a message.

The Panarin part though, it actually looked like Panarin tripped on someone's skate and fell.  Wilson even stopped himself from unloading a haymaker on Panarin while he was down.  You can see Panarin was down and vulnerable but Wilson stopped his own punch and ended with a face wash instead.  Not trying to defend Wilson but just looking as objectively as possible.  I don't believe Wilson tried to intentionally slam Panarin's head to the ice as some suggested.  It wasn't a clear slam.  

I mean, it was bad but not THAT bad.  It's not at the level of banning from the league.

I agree, the worst was the Buchnevich part.  Panarin went in and that was a mistake on his part, good for him sticking up but not the smartest decision.  Remember when tapping a guys skate was viewed as inciting a brawl and worthy of a game.

30 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

This should be a suspension.  Leaves his feet to deliver a two hander across the face... After the whistle no less.

It was. 1 game.

Think what Wilson did was significantly worse, with far more potential for damage but that's the NHL for you. 

34 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

This should be a suspension.  Leaves his feet to deliver a two hander across the face... After the whistle no less.

Deserving of the suspension under normal circumstances, maybe could've gotten more games.  Just a lot has been let go throughout the league this year, Mantha missed no time which has seemed to be the difference for most cases in the league this year.  Dirty play+injury = suspension (maybe), dirty play + no injury = fine or nothing, this is the rarity for the latter but I guess when the team criticizes you, you're free to change your standards.

21 minutes ago, cross16 said:

It was. 1 game.

Think what Wilson did was significantly worse, with far more potential for damage but that's the NHL for you. 

11 minutes ago, sak22 said:

Deserving of the suspension under normal circumstances, maybe could've gotten more games.  Just a lot has been let go throughout the league this year, Mantha missed no time which has seemed to be the difference for most cases in the league this year.  Dirty play+injury = suspension (maybe), dirty play + no injury = fine or nothing, this is the rarity for the latter but I guess when the team criticizes you, you're free to change your standards.

NHL suspensions are such a joke.  

The NHL does a terrible job of protecting it's star players. Panarin is one of the most skilled and exciting players in the league playing in the biggest market in the league, they should be promoting and selling him as such, having out for the rest of the season because Tom Wilson bounced his face off the ice, is counter productive for a league trying to grow it's brand.

This league will never be taken seriously anywhere outside of Canada, if this is the way the star players are treated.

Don't get me wrong I love physical hockey and I think fighting should be a part of the game, but what Wilson did has no place in the game of hockey.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

The NHL does a terrible job of protecting it's star players. Panarin is one of the most skilled and exciting players in the league playing in the biggest market in the league, they should be promoting and selling him as such, having out for the rest of the season because Tom Wilson bounced his face off the ice, is counter productive for a league trying to grow it's brand.

This league will never be taken seriously anywhere outside of Canada, if this is the way the star players are treated.

Don't get me wrong I love physical hockey and I think fighting should be a part of the game, but what Wilson did has no place in the game of hockey.

It really seems to me the NHL is afraid of losing this aspect of their game but I really question why. Why do you want fighting? why do you want players getting thrown to the ground and cheap shottd? The best showcase for hockey IMO over the last couple decades has been the Olympics and there is no fighting, no scrums no nothing. Sure seems to me the best way to continue to sell the game is to emphasize the speed and skill so I struggle to see why the NHL is to scared to let this go.

to be clear I am not advocating that we move away from physical hockey, I love the physical aspect of hockey but it's the cheap shots, after the whistle stuff and fighting I can't stand. I have a hard time seeing it's place because I also look at football. Just as physical a game as hockey, they don't have any of this stuff going one, and don't require the policing of it either. 

I don't get the hesitation. 

1 hour ago, JTech780 said:

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

It really seems to me the NHL is afraid of losing this aspect of their game but I really question why. Why do you want fighting? why do you want players getting thrown to the ground and cheap shottd? The best showcase for hockey IMO over the last couple decades has been the Olympics and there is no fighting, no scrums no nothing. Sure seems to me the best way to continue to sell the game is to emphasize the speed and skill so I struggle to see why the NHL is to scared to let this go.

to be clear I am not advocating that we move away from physical hockey, I love the physical aspect of hockey but it's the cheap shots, after the whistle stuff and fighting I can't stand. I have a hard time seeing it's place because I also look at football. Just as physical a game as hockey, they don't have any of this stuff going one, and don't require the policing of it either. 

I don't get the hesitation. 

I think part of the blame belongs to the NHLPA because suspensions are negotiated between the union and the league from what I can tell.  The league cannot just go handing out suspensions and fines because the NHLPA wants to protect pay cheques over the well being of its members.  It's sad.  You would think the union would want to protect its own members from themselves but no.  They want to remove, as much as possible, the league's ability to reduce players salaries.

34 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

I think part of the blame belongs to the NHLPA because suspensions are negotiated between the union and the league from what I can tell.  The league cannot just go handing out suspensions and fines because the NHLPA wants to protect pay cheques over the well being of its members.  It's sad.  You would think the union would want to protect its own members from themselves but no.  They want to remove, as much as possible, the league's ability to reduce players salaries.

This is a very fair and good point. NHLPA fights ever CBA to keep fines low and has really restricted the leagues ability to fine. It is very sad your right.