Dustin Wolf

5 hours ago, travel_dude said:

The schedule has a lot of B2B sets, so they have to split the workload, as they should.

Top prospect?  Think that may be Pelletier.

The guy is getting winning goal or tying goals in key moments.

12th in points in the AHL

4th among rookies

2nd among active rookies in p/gp.

If I remember correctly, he has 4 game winning goals.

As well as a couple game tying goals. 

Toss up for me right now.

Goalie is the most important position.

A good goalie has a good bunch of D and F in front of him.

Well, first of all I am pretty early at 9 games in.  But that's because of some weird decisions they've made down there (or up here).

Put it this way:     Players are same age and have same size questions.

Pelletier:  12th in points

Wolf:   2nd in Save Percentage.  The only guy above him is an entire year older.

And when you talk about winning goals, you're also talking about having a great goalie behind you.   Because when you look at their winning percentage with Wolf, and without, it is night and day.

Simply put, if you are going to highlight one thing about the Heat that separates them from other teams, it is Dustin Wolf.   

Having Pelletier is something most but not all teams have.  Having Wolf is something only 2 teams have.

Projecting accordingly, I have no problems giving it to Wolf although I do only have the 9 games to do so.

Factor in the fact that goalies usually take 1-2 extra years (I disagree with 3-4 years, but some say this)...   And quite frankly it's a little exciting.   If he keeps it up, and he translates to the NHL...

1 hour ago, jjgallow said:

5 points in his last 2 games, a year younger than Pelletier and all our current AHL heroes, you're a bit early.

He can still tear the AHL apart next year and if he doesn't then I'll take me lumps.

I'm good with starting early. Just take your lumps.lol

edit

He's not a year younger man. How many more times do I have to say it? Him,, Zary and Pelletier are the same age.

1 hour ago, jjgallow said:

Joe Biden GIF by CBS News

Yeah that's a big no to the Zary/Pelletier/Francis triplets.

You are wrong that there is a year between the two players. 

Conumdrumed is right that they are all the same age (all are 20)

Pellletier - March 7/01

Zary - September 25/01

Francis - December 2/01

For some fun, Wolf is the 2nd oldest prospect of that bunch.

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

You are wrong that there is a year between the two players. 

Conumdrumed is right that they are all the same age (all are 20)

Pellletier - March 7/01

Zary - September 25/01

Francis - December 2/01

For some fun, Wolf is the 2nd oldest prospect of that bunch.

Don't convince me, convince the NHL that gave them different draft years.  Bettman's wrong, you go tell him.

53 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Wolf is our top prospect guys... In terms of ceiling anyways.

1. Wolf

2. Coronato

3. Poirier

4. Zary

5. Kuznetsov

Ceilings are not very well defined at this point, as the scouting is less than adequate.

Poor little Francis and Pelletier don't even rank in your list.

Pelts doesn't get much love in these parts because he's a LHS LW.

But, I will say that our top prospects right now are Pelletier and Wolf.

Pelts because he is bringing i in every game this season.

Wolf because he is playing exceptionally well in the 13 games he's played.

Unlike the Flames, the Heat are able to score a ton of goals per game, so a 1-0 SO loss is exceptional.

But winning 5-4 is not as impressive. 

56 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Ceilings are not very well defined at this point, as the scouting is less than adequate.

Poor little Francis and Pelletier don't even rank in your list.

Pelts doesn't get much love in these parts because he's a LHS LW.

But, I will say that our top prospects right now are Pelletier and Wolf.

Pelts because he is bringing i in every game this season.

Wolf because he is playing exceptionally well in the 13 games he's played.

Unlike the Flames, the Heat are able to score a ton of goals per game, so a 1-0 SO loss is exceptional.

But winning 5-4 is not as impressive. 

Still a lot of unknowns in our prospect pool, like Wrong-League-Sergeev and the elusive Jack Beck.  Coronato is not tearing the league up like we thought he might, but he's still very young.   Kunetsov is hard to read.

We could get a pleasant surprise or two, but so far we have no smoking gun.    Even Wolf and Pelletier are not smoking guns with their size.   They are outside shots that are worth developing.   In a league 15 years ago Wolf would be one of the most valuable prospects in the NHL.

In terms of Ceilings, Wolf could end up being a 1A goalie.    Pelletier, simply no, he doesn't score enough goals even in the AHL and his size and position won't allow it.    So I think it's pretty clearly Wolf as our top prospect but we don't have any surefire can't miss prospects right now.

11 hours ago, jjgallow said:

Still a lot of unknowns in our prospect pool, like Wrong-League-Sergeev and the elusive Jack Beck.  Coronato is not tearing the league up like we thought he might, but he's still very young.   Kunetsov is hard to read.

We could get a pleasant surprise or two, but so far we have no smoking gun.    Even Wolf and Pelletier are not smoking guns with their size.   They are outside shots that are worth developing.   In a league 15 years ago Wolf would be one of the most valuable prospects in the NHL.

In terms of Ceilings, Wolf could end up being a 1A goalie.    Pelletier, simply no, he doesn't score enough goals even in the AHL and his size and position won't allow it.    So I think it's pretty clearly Wolf as our top prospect but we don't have any surefire can't miss prospects right now.

Corontato - 5'10" 183

Mangiapane - 5'10" 184

Pelletier - 5'10" 170

Gaudreau - 5'9" 165

Yeah, there is no chance Peletier will ever be a player, since he only scored in junior at about 40% of his points total.  Players like that have little chance at ever making the NHL.  Gaudreau is a fringe player.  Pelletier will end up like Gaudreau, too small to make the NHL.

12 hours ago, jjgallow said:

Pelletier, simply no, he doesn't score enough goals even in the AHL and his size and position won't allow it.    So I think it's pretty clearly Wolf as our top prospect but we don't have any surefire can't miss prospects right now.

Stop embarrassing yourself.lol I thought Ryan Francis was our best prospect?

You guys honestly need to get off your horses and look at reality. Pelletier has been a top prospect since he was young and drafted into the CHL when ALL 16yos are eligible. He was an easy ppg every year in the Q. Then he played for every Canada National Team since U17.

Now he's 3rd in the AHL scoring race (1st and 2nd are 26 & 27yos) and 1st amongst rookies, 1pt ahead of 8thoa Jack Quinn. Not bad for someone that's considered a complete 200' player...

He's the literal definition of a top prospect, yet here we are.

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

Corontato - 5'10" 183

Mangiapane - 5'10" 184

Pelletier - 5'10" 170

Gaudreau - 5'9" 165

Yeah, there is no chance Peletier will ever be a player, since he only scored in junior at about 40% of his points total.  Players like that have little chance at ever making the NHL.  Gaudreau is a fringe player.  Pelletier will end up like Gaudreau, too small to make the NHL.

5 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

You guys honestly need to get off your horses and look at reality. Pelletier has been a top prospect since he was young and drafted into the CHL when ALL 16yos are eligible. He was an easy ppg every year in the Q. The he played for every Canada National Team since U17.

Now he's 3rd in the AHL scoring race (1st and 2nd are 26 & 27yos) and 1st amongst rookies, 1pt ahead of 8thoa Jack Quinn. Not bad for someone that's considered a complete 200' player...

wolf dancing GIF

3 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Corontato - 5'10" 183

Mangiapane - 5'10" 184

Pelletier - 5'10" 170

Gaudreau - 5'9" 165

You speak as if Gaudreau has Wolf's ceiling.    Like we could trade Gaudreau for a 22 year old 1A goalie.

16 hours ago, jjgallow said:

for me, I just wish for once we would have a good prospect that actually has size. Andersson is a good average sized D. I think he and Mangiapane might be the best picks as it took actual skill to assess them. Ferland was the last bigger guy. It’s too bad he was concussed. 

3 hours ago, conundrumed said:

You guys honestly need to get off your horses and look at reality. Pelletier has been a top prospect since he was young and drafted into the CHL when ALL 16yos are eligible. He was an easy ppg every year in the Q. Then he played for every Canada National Team since U17.

i am excited about him. But I think this year showed us how we were lacking in size. I am glad we got Sutter to point that out. We have a few diamonds out there. I just think it would be nice to see a bigger guy be drafted that are as exciting as the ones Travel posted about their size and making it. 

How did Dino take my comment? 🤣

it sounds like you have some great connections! That’s awesome.