Flyerfan52

Carty

On 3/20/2019 at 6:55 PM, conundrumed said:

Huge respect buddy, and don't worry, when the Bruins stomp the Leafs again, TDot will have no option but to cover the Flames in rd 2.;)

I live in ON. but travel in AB a lot and lived in Calgary for 18 yrs. My Leaf-loving friends and relatives have fully woken up to the Flames. Christmas was awesome for a change.lol

Hahaha ya, well I’m north of Toronto in Newmarket and you know how it’s Leafs TV 24/7 here. My own father didn’t know the flames were second overall this year when he was trying to rub it in my face that the Leafs were sixth :P  

i have had some family and friends  send me some kudos for the flames this year which is nice for a change. Even got some of them on the bandwagon!  :D

Im going to have a few drinks in Larry’s honour tonight. 

• Like 3

Rest in peace FF52. We were two of a few who shared a love for good tough defensive hockey. I'll miss his posts. It was obvious his love for his 3 teams. I will retire his chair and fridge on the bandwagon bus. Everyone raise a beer for a true Flames fan if you haven't already

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, I just saw this.  I was away on vacation and popped in to talk some hockey when I saw this thread and my jaw dropped to the floor.  I just have to say how deeply this has affected many here and myself included.  I know I'm a fan of a rival team, and it's a team that FF52 disliked very much, but he and I always had great discussions and although we may have disagreed on many things between the two teams, we both shared a love for the game of hockey and the BOA and had so many great discussions and debates.  My prayers go out to his family and friends.

There literally is no replacing an upstanding forum member like FF52, that is is a hole that is impossible to fill.  Rest in peace Larry, we may have been on opposite sides of the BOA, but we were always friends.  I will both miss and never forget you.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

RIP FF52. I havent been on in a while and am sad to hear that part of our hockey circle has passed. He was always active in these boards through the good and bad. Always posted his counter arguements with thought and humour. His discourse will be greatly missed in the game day threads and flames discussion threads. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

Just missed the 1 year anniversary by 2 days.💔

Still miss reading Flyerfan52's posts...   Always will...   Pretty sure that goes for a lot of us...   :(

I'll be looking forward to getting together again to watch a game and clanking a couple of beers together to remember Larry when the opportunity presents itself, and I hope that 420 can make it again as well...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just seeing this for the first time...

Seen a handful of threads across different forums over the years with news of a forum member that had passed . This is the first time I felt compelled to post....

FF52 and I used go at each other pretty hard yrs ago here .. most of the time I think it was hockey related...  He wasn't one to hesitate in challenging my opinion... I think we respected each other... 

-im gonna go thru my post history... Bet I will find him challenging every post...

Sad news.. the forum must have took a massive hit with his loss.

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...