Oilers

noticed that oil seemed to be playing a lot of teams on 2nd half of b2b again this year so went looking...

oilersnation actually did article on it "the-oilers-have-the-easiest-schedule-in-the-league-next-year" back in july

they had the same kind of schedule difference couple years ago when they made playoffs.

Just to give the conspiracy theorists some more food for though.

is not just refs is the schedule makers too!

Dhw7W7TVQAAmHXn.jpg

1 hour ago, Cowtownguy said:

If there is a god, then McLellan will not be replaced by Q. If he is, then there is not god.

Quennelle has a contract that pays him $6 million a year until after the 2019-20 season. He can well afford to wait before he picks his next head coaching gig. Being used to winning on a team with good management the odds of him going to a team with constant drama are only slightly lower than him opting for Ottawa.

• Like 1

I guess you know about Lucic only getting a $10,000.00 fine for targetting Mathieu Joseph, slashing him, nailing him when he didn't have the puck & then punching him in the head when he was lying on the ice. The rookie is 6'1:" & 173 pounds. Yeah, Lucic is a real tough guy.

The part that bugs me more is young Lemieux got a 2 game suspension for his 1 offense. Lucic is a repeat offender but gets a slap on the wrist of about 10 minutes pay @ his salary.

:wacko:

5 hours ago, Flyerfan52 said:

I guess you know about Lucic only getting a $10,000.00 fine for targetting Mathieu Joseph, slashing him, nailing him when he didn't have the puck & then punching him in the head when he was lying on the ice. The rookie is 6'1:" & 173 pounds. Yeah, Lucic is a real tough guy.

The part that bugs me more is young Lemieux got a 2 game suspension for his 1 offense. Lucic is a repeat offender but gets a slap on the wrist of about 10 minutes pay @ his salary.

:wacko:

I didn;t feel that the hit on Russell was dirty.

But that's just an impression.

Obviously the knuckle dragger felt it was an opportunity to raise his stock with the EDM fans.

The hit was suffice.

Want to be a tough guy?  Try matching up against someone that is one as well.

Only message Lucic sent was I will cheap shot smaller players.

Maybe the next time, Tampa targets McDavid.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Fins&FIre15 said:

Spooner is a player ive liked for a while. Would have given up way more than edmonton did to get him.

To early to tell, but I think they won this one.

Spooner has been pretty unlucky since he went to NY.

36 games in total for the last two years.

LHS for a RHS swap.

Will probably work out better though he is snakebit this season so far.

Reading through the Oilers message boards, my goodness. Very thankful the mods here have things under control as well as other posters for at least being reasonable in comparison.

When we lose games, I feel like we can be reasonable about it,  for example ... ok, goaltending wasn't good, we also lost the special teams battle etc. Over there it's "the refs hate us", "Tkachuk turtled". Which somehow resulted in them losing... yikes lol

4 hours ago, DirtyDeeds said:

6 goals on 21 shots with Talbot in nets.. ouch...

I goes to show how fragile goalies can be. A few years they “have it” and then they can lose it mentally. 

For me, it is why I think that the Flames play can sometimes make a goalie lose it mentally. The high danger breakdowns the oilers give up are like the Flames. I dunno. We know it’s not just goaltending.

12 hours ago, DirtyDeeds said:

6 goals on 21 shots with Talbot in nets.. ouch...

Considering the same team gave up 4 goals to the Flames in the 3rd period (1 EN) with a goalie that looked dialed in, I would say they probably got what they deserved.  The best thing was seeing McDavid get a diving call.  Maybe the refs start seeing his antics a bit clearer now; you skate at full speed not every touch should be a penalty or penalty shot.  

EDM needs to fix their defense first, then work on a team that only believes you need to cheat to offence to win.  

20 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Reading through the Oilers message boards, my goodness. Very thankful the mods here have things under control as well as other posters for at least being reasonable in comparison.

When we lose games, I feel like we can be reasonable about it,  for example ... ok, goaltending wasn't good, we also lost the special teams battle etc. Over there it's "the refs hate us", "Tkachuk turtled". Which somehow resulted in them losing... yikes lol

Not to insult anyone here, but I feel like if we had the best player in the game and the amount of first overal picks they did and were still losing things would be pretty similar around here.... 

I honestly can't blame that fan base at all for their frustrations. It's pretty justifiable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

Not to insult anyone here, but I feel like if we had the best player in the game and the amount of first overal picks they did and were still losing things would be pretty similar around here.... 

I honestly can't blame that fan base at all for their frustrations. It's pretty justifiable. 

We gave Feaster the gears for almost costing us Monahan for nothing, not even ROR.

If we had a string of GM's so incompetant to have that many 1st overalls and still be that bad, we would be running Chia et all on a rail.

You can't blame the fans.

They get a little misdirected at times.

Blame should be on the GM for de-constructing the team, and the players themselves for poor efforts.

The coach maybe has never won a cup, but he's smart.

He also only has whatever the GM gives him.

Do they hate Tkachuk?

Every one does except us.

Would they trade Tkachuk for Puljujarvi?

Every day, if they are being honest.

The team needs to hit rock bottom before they drag themselves out.

Healthy scratch McDavid until the team wins a game.

Yeah, that would go over well.

He's the only reason people pay $100 for the cheap seats.

Mcdavid could honestly be the worst thing for that franchise in the long run...of course he could always lead them to a cup down the road, but thats still a ways away.

Hes good enough to carry them to the playoffs and even win a round, which will consistently leave their already terrible farm system void of top talent, unless they draft gems in the later rounds, which hasn't been their forte over recent years.

5 hours ago, travel_dude said:

We gave Feaster the gears for almost costing us Monahan for nothing, not even ROR.

If we had a string of GM's so incompetant to have that many 1st overalls and still be that bad, we would be running Chia et all on a rail.

You can't blame the fans.

They get a little misdirected at times.

Blame should be on the GM for de-constructing the team, and the players themselves for poor efforts.

The coach maybe has never won a cup, but he's smart.

He also only has whatever the GM gives him.

Do they hate Tkachuk?

Every one does except us.

Would they trade Tkachuk for Puljujarvi?

Every day, if they are being honest.

The team needs to hit rock bottom before they drag themselves out.

Healthy scratch McDavid until the team wins a game.

Yeah, that would go over well.

He's the only reason people pay $100 for the cheap seats.

The only smart move by the team in the last ten years was to screw the city for the downtown real estate deal, and get a free arena. It might be a nice building, but it is not going to "revitalize" that downtown anymore than it has their team. 

18 minutes ago, cross16 said:

As a Flames fan i'm very happy that Chiarelli keeps his job. He's doing so great

Man, a decade of darkness as they call it, one year of hope, and now the beginnings of another lost season.  I guess Quenville wasn’t looking for this kind of a challenge yet.

36 minutes ago, cross16 said:

What a beautiful tweet...

Fans were livid about the Flames game where they felt that Lucic and Kassian's usage created the loss.  Intimidated by Tkachuk.  Need to play Lucic with McDavid and Draisaitl to protect them.  Maybe if Draisaitl stopped worrying about only scoring points, they would have had a different result.  They also point to JP and KY as a waste of NHL talent.  Somehow, every player that is the same size as Gaudreau is Gaudreau.  I had pointed out to ON posters that the junior career of KY and Matt Philips were odly similar, so don't expect him to immediately become a top 10 player.  The blogger point out that you can't compare a late round pick with a 1st rounder.  

Anyway, Chia is still there.  He will continue to drive the franchise into the ground.  Hitch will not be a fan favorite, since he's not a player coach.  He will bench players that are sucking.  

I've beaten this drum for a while, but when you see it on paper it drives it home. Shocks me that people can't understand why the Oilers aren't good because it's literally summed up right here. 

For fun, If you take it back 7 years you get 1 more NHL player Jujhar Khaira. For comparison the Flames, who i don't even consider a great drafting team, have 7. 

5 minutes ago, cross16 said:

I've beaten this drum for a while, but when you see it on paper it drives it home. Shocks me that people can't understand why the Oilers aren't good because it's literally summed up right here. 

For fun, If you take it back 7 years you get 1 more NHL player Jujhar Khaira. For comparison the Flames, who i don't even consider a great drafting team, have 7. 

I thought they drafted and developed Benning?

2 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Did Gulutzan get fired too?  As a Flames fan, I hope they kept him there...

No, they kept all the A/coaches.

They could end up with Gully next year as the head coach.

Hitch will be an interesting fit in EDM.

They haven't got the horses to play Hitch hockey (D, that is).

Imagine a player like Draisaitl being sat out because he cheats offensively.

We complain about our lack of depth sometimes, yet you look at that team and wonder how they manage to win any games.

Okay,. that's right, they have a few players on a line that can score 3 goals per game against teams that struggle to get 2 at times.