Bill Peters - 17th Flames Coach

phoenix66

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Ward, putting his mark on the team already. I like it, things are already negative and the mood is heavy, need to lighten things and make things more positive.

no doubt .. gotta admit Tiny Dancer would have thrown them for a loop  LOL

What I'm most interested in seeing now is how Frolik plays now that hes not in the coach's doghouse 

also .. im even madder now about Cherry's Firing .. this weekend's Coach's Corner would have been Epic!!  LOL

10 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Another thing to point out here is that Treliving at some point in his career will need to hire another head coach, if he kneejerked this decision and threw Peters under the bus, he would have a hard time hiring a coach going forward.

By allowing Peters to resign as opposed to firing him, it allows Peters to keep some level dignity through the whole process, and I don't think that will go unnoticed amongst the coaching fraternity.

That is until the NHL fines him.

Bettman will want to sacrifice somebody.

9 hours ago, Horsman1 said:

if he difn't,, shame on him.. Ron Francis knew it happened.. Adam Fox  goes to carolina for nothing!!! Rod Brind a]mour a management cooliege knew it happened.. With all his carolina connections.. why was he so damn eager to hire Peters when there were people questioning him even being considered?? somethings fishy

Perhaps your questions of accountability would be better served if they were directed towards Brind'Amour and Francis instead of Treliving...   Bettman should be calling both of them in for a chat as well as they are the ones that had knowledge, yet swept it under the carpet...   Also consider the fact that Carolina gave Peters an extension even after Brind'Amour and Francis were aware that there had been incidents that indicated there was a problem...

614b5a9ad9920839c54ac6fdd10cbdb8.png

2 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Right off the bat, Treliving said Peters handed him a letter of resignation and that he accepted.

That was an unexpected twist to be honest.  

Trevling looked very emotional of what just transpired, Like it or not class move by Peters,  Flames are off the hook literally.  If this played out in any way  the Flames are forced into a Law-suit, Peters knew it, Tre and the Flames knew. The legal battle will now shift to Peters VS Akim and the NHL, This is just beginning for them. 

15 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

Trevling looked very emotional of what just transpired, Like it or not class move by Peters,  Flames are off the hook literally.  If this played out in any way  the Flames are forced into a Law-suit, Peters knew it, Tre and the Flames knew. The legal battle will now shift to Peters VS Akim and the NHL, This is just beginning for them. 

It helped everybody that Peters "resigned".  It could all be just legally advised but still.  Now that Peters resigned, Treliving does not have to answer questions like, "why did you fire him for something that happened 10 years ago in another organization?"  "Why did you fire him when he was well behaved during his time as a Calgary Flames?"...and all that stuff.  Treliving gets an easy out and this also lets Peters appear to have took the high road and left with dignity.  

He resigned but no details about a payout were mentioned.  Likely, Peters gets the full payout of his contract and it will never be disclosed to the public (nor does it have to be).  It's their private business.  Like Phoenix said, he probably got "fired" but the deal is, Peters has to say he "resigned" and he will get the rest of his money.

And yes, this closes this episode for the Calgary Flames.  It's now an issue for Peters vs Akim vs NHL vs society.

57 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

It helped everybody that Peters "resigned".  It could all be just legally advised but still.  Now that Peters resigned, Treliving does not have to answer questions like, "why did you fire him for something that happened 10 years ago in another organization?"  "Why did you fire him when he was well behaved during his time as a Calgary Flames?"...and all that stuff.  Treliving gets an easy out and this also lets Peters appear to have took the high road and left with dignity.  

He resigned but no details about a payout were mentioned.  Likely, Peters gets the full payout of his contract and it will never be disclosed to the public (nor does it have to be).  It's their private business.  Like Phoenix said, he probably got "fired" but the deal is, Peters has to say he "resigned" and he will get the rest of his money.

And yes, this closes this episode for the Calgary Flames.  It's now an issue for Peters vs Akim vs NHL vs society.

It helped Tre, the players and Flames organization. A resignation would mean he gets no compensation from the team, perio.  You really think that the Flames organization agreed to a hush hush deal behind close doors, come on man. That woud be a  bigger Satoshi Nakamoto storm than what is going on now because the NHL will want to know what transpired. 

9 minutes ago, Carty said:

So what happens to a thread like this when everything that can possibly be said has already been said?...   Maybe it just Peters out...

What?...   Too soon?...   :ph34r:

I have to agree this matter  for the Flames are concerned this  is over.  

It is extremely likely that Peters and the Flames, obviously through lawyers, came to some sort of agreement before he resigned. I don't think for a second Peters just resigned out of the blue as a classy move. All of this has lawyers all over it. If it was as simple as that I don't think you would have seen Treliving be so careful in his presser. 

51 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

It helped Tre, the players and Flames organization. A resignation would mean he gets no compensation from the team, perio.  You really think that the Flames organization agreed to a hush hush deal behind close doors, come on man. That woud be a  bigger Satoshi Nakamoto storm than what is going on now because the NHL will want to know what transpired. 

BT refused to give the details of the compensation to Peters when asked the question directly.  Why do you think this is so?

To me, both parties agreed to present the amicable divorce as a "resignation" to put an end to this for each other.  Which, is perfectly legal for them to do so.  They can "call it" whatever they want.  They can present whatever they want.  It's just PR.  Reality is, he's been "relieved of his duties" and will get paid either the full amount or some other amount agreed upon for playing along with the media stunt.

There is no hush hush payment.  It's all legal as long as both sides agreed to the final numbers.

24 minutes ago, cross16 said:

It is extremely likely that Peters and the Flames, obviously through lawyers, came to some sort of agreement before he resigned. I don't think for a second Peters just resigned out of the blue as a classy move. All of this has lawyers all over it. If it was as simple as that I don't think you would have seen Treliving be so careful in his presser. 

Yes 100%.

Both sides have agreed to part ways under the word "resignation" but behind the scenes, it can be whatever deal they worked out.  Resignation allows both sides to win.  The only losers are the fans... the media... the SWJs, etc.  We were all curious what the punishment will be for Peters, if any.  What we got was Peters left on his own accord so the investigation is no longer required.  

Well played.

5 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

BT refused to give the details of the compensation to Peters when asked the question directly.  Why do you think this is so?

To me, both parties agreed to present the amicable divorce as a "resignation" to put an end to this for each other.  Which, is perfectly legal for them to do so.  They can "call it" whatever they want.  They can present whatever they want.  It's just PR.  Reality is, he's been "relieved of his duties" and will get paid either the full amount or some other amount agreed upon for playing along with the media stunt.

There is no hush hush payment.  It's all legal as long as both sides agreed to the final numbers.

It's essentially severance. Just likely one that has non disclosure agreements attached to it. 

29 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Yes 100%.

Both sides have agreed to part ways under the word "resignation" but behind the scenes, it can be whatever deal they worked out.  Resignation allows both sides to win.  The only losers are the fans... the media... the SWJs, etc.  We were all curious what the punishment will be for Peters, if any.  What we got was Peters left on his own accord so the investigation is no longer required.  

Well played.

But like you said, it's now between Peters and the league/Bettman/NHLPA/the accusers, etc...  The Flames are done with it and can move on, as a fan that's not a loss.

12 minutes ago, The_Snowbear said:

The Most important thing of all the players Can officially move on

I certainly hope this is the case. Of course, one has to wonder if the NHL will want to know what Hannifin, Lindholm, and Ryan knew about the situation. Did any of them bury their heads in the sand? Is that a form of obstruction to keep silent? What if Aliou and others claim that they were party to the behaviour and refused to speak up either way? I hope that the Flames can move on, but it is possible that this is just the beginning. 

2 hours ago, Carty said:

So what happens to a thread like this when everything that can possibly be said has already been said?...   Maybe it just Peters out...

What?...   Too soon?...   :ph34r:

Double-entendre noted and well done. Too bad Peters acted like a Richard instead of a Bill. 

I believe that this is just the beginning of a much larger conversation about the relationship between players and teams. How do coaches motivate players in the future? This is the conversation that teams need to have out in the open. 

I wonder what is running through Bobby Clarke's mind right now? If memory serves, he was always thought of as a rather ... direct individual. How many enemies has he made over the years? "If I had never learned to lay a two-hander, I would have never left Flin Flon". 

3 hours ago, The_People1 said:

I would like to think so, but I have a bad feeling about this. Aliou was clearly angry and I am pretty sure that he is still angry. That post came out when it did for a reason. Hannifin, Ryan, and Lindholm were on that fricken team when all of this was said to have happened. Peters claimed that he apologized in the dressing room. When queried, did all of the players keep their mouths shut or did someone speak up? Will this turn into #metoo? The NHLPA wanted to keep this under wraps. 

I think the investigation now goes more into the Chicago and Carolina organizations.  Where does Bowman come into this?  How does Brind'Amour look if he never brought up the Jordan incident until 2 days ago?  What does this do to Francis?  Is there a chance he is out of Seattle before the team begins?  This is far from over

Archived