Report your account issues here

Kulstad

As many of you may know by now, there's some changes going on with the entire NHL web domain.  Many of us are receiving emails about having to change our login details or re-verifying our accounts with NHL.com.

I've posted a semi-solution over here (http://fans.flames.nhl.com/community/topic/22147-account-issue-nhl-email-regarding-account/?p=712738), but it seems to be a hit-or-miss prospect, whereby it goes smoothly for some people, while for others it becomes a huge PITA...to the point where they are forced to create a new account.

In an effort to collect as much information as I can to pass along to The Powers That Be, I would like for everyone who is having difficulty with the NHL reset steps to please post your issues here (along with any solution you may have come up with).  By collecting our stories in one spot, it makes it much easier for me to pass along "up the chain" so something can be done (right now, I am collecting the issues as they happen and passing them along via email......and some people just aren't liking it  :P    )

Please keep the postings here strictly to the issues you've had, and how they were ultimately resolved (or not).

Thanks for you help on this, guys.  I'm doing my best to get this whole thing fixed, and your help is greatly appreciated.

A couple of days ago my login information on this site was not longer valid.
9f05b7c1e86c541db2d35b036bc31a5a.png

As far as I know I never received any email from NHL about redoing or changing passwords. I have checked my spam as well.

I went to your posts on top of the forums and followed the instructions that tell me to use the forget a password link then click the link to change the password. I did that through NHL.com and I can now log in there but I can still not log in here with old or new passwords..

If I try a similar thing on this website(forgot password) (using email)It pops up this message:

f31303e808efef6d3cb7b51dabcccf79.png

It does not send me any emails and does not  give me the opportunity to change my password.

Bottom line is now I have to log in via the "NHL.com sign in" and then come over here to get into the website.

A couple of days ago my login information on this site was not longer valid.

9f05b7c1e86c541db2d35b036bc31a5a.png

As far as I know I never received any email from NHL about redoing or changing passwords. I have checked my spam as well.

I went to your posts on top of the forums and followed the instructions that tell me to use the forget a password link then click the link to change the password. I did that through NHL.com and I can now log in there but I can still not log in here with old or new passwords..

If I try a similar thing on this website(forgot password) (using email)It pops up this message:

It does not send me any emails and does not give me the opportunity to change my password.

Bottom line is now I have to log in via the "NHL.com sign in" and then come over here to get into the website.

I can't even do that anymore and I just click create account then sign in using the Facebook option.

I always get the same message you do as well when I try to reset my password.

I can't even do that anymore and I just click create account then sign in using the Facebook option.

I always get the same message you do as well when I try to reset my password.

Just now I tried again to log in via Flames website and the menu is different. The pop down login menu happened

c41bfd159785f1a9540326d21d6b305c.png

I used the new password that I had set through the NHL.com website and it logged me in. I opened up the google chrome passwords (using the key symbol) 68bb4c5370bd873957b42995c0836fc5.pngand deleted all saved autofill passwords from "Flames.nhl.com"

I can now log into this website this way.

My account was originally created many years ago when I had a different e-mail account/carrier. 1 of the mods @ the Flyers site helped me restore my old post count, avatar, sig, etc. but that site is almost defunct.

Obviously I couldn't receive an e-mail @ that account so after numerous tries I gave up & created a new account. Even that was tough as I kept getting notices that my e-mail was already in use as was my user name.

So after much frustration & waiting for mod approval here I am. If it hadn't worked that time I was just going to quit/disappear from the boards. :angry:

Every time the NHL web domain decides to improve things we end up with frustration & lose posters. What ever happened to keeping something that works well going rather than change for the sake of change? :wacko:

My account was originally created many years ago when I had a different e-mail account/carrier. 1 of the mods @ the Flyers site helped me restore my old post count, avatar, sig, etc. but that site is almost defunct.

Obviously I couldn't receive an e-mail @ that account so after numerous tries I gave up & created a new account. Even that was tough as I kept getting notices that my e-mail was already in use as was my user name.

So after much frustration & waiting for mod approval here I am. If it hadn't worked that time I was just going to quit/disappear from the boards. :angry:

Every time the NHL web domain decides to improve things we end up with frustration & lose posters. What ever happened to keeping something that works well going rather than change for the sake of change? :wacko:

I noticed the other day that you had lost your post counts here. I feel so bad for you FF. That number is a badge that sets you apart from most posters here.

Mods can you do something about his post count? it was something like 15,000 and going strong.

I noticed the other day that you had lost your post counts here. I feel so bad for you FF. That number is a badge that sets you apart from most posters here.

Mods can you do something about his post count? it was something like 15,000 and going strong.

I don't care about my post count but sure would like my original name back.

I notice others lost their post count as well.

& thanks for the vote of confidence. You guys know I try to make my posts applicable to the topic (except in the fun threads like bandwagon).

& thanks for the vote of confidence. You guys know I try to make my posts applicable to the topic (except in the fun threads like bandwagon).

Well the reason I mentioned your post counts are it is very difficult for anyone here to think you a troll because this is not your native Hockey forums. You have simply posted here way too much so that posters have to take what you post as having merit. I know the post count does not mean much to you but it being so high is a badge that follows you around with your posts.

I hope the mods can do something about your old nickname and post counts etc.

I use use an old email address that I have had since the dail-up days (@telusplanet.net) over 25+ years now and even telus had to make up a special script to allow me to receive the "@telusplanet.net" emails. I understand how difficult it is to change out email addresses and not able to receive mail like forums accounts because you don't use this address anymore.

Also when I do a top posters search this shows up:

9bfa0ba076aa0fb46f86054c9b70dfaf.png

So they can see your old post and likes counts.. your old account is still in system.

Ditto on the "password not recognized here" thing.

Same password (new one that I got after following the instructions) but it only works if I log in at nhl.com and then open this page up. If I try it via this forum's login system, it says it's a wrong password.

I still can not log in here from this menu:

32f9bd2c74be6297c48419e712f55714.png

The one time I got the drop down menu (see above pic in earlier post) I was able to log in.

This one does not work for me at all and the forgot password on this menu does not work either.

99cf57037326f85f0b72e55dd8d1c981.png

As for the posts directly related to password problems it appears to me FF52 lost his whole account access due to these password problems. 

I am stuck with only logging in from the NHL.com log in menu.

I haven't had any problems once I set a new password via nhl.com.

I found out about the issue before there was an announcement here. I went to nhl.com to try and login (thinking it was flames.nhl.com specific) and discovered the make new password because change of service thing there. So I did that and could login from this forum site. I do have the "remember me" box checked if that makes any difference for some odd reason.

On a side note has anyone given any thought to the fact that there might be a lot of posters, that aret not able to log in at all, to post of their problems with new log ins?

FF being an example who was resourceful enough to  create a new account to be able to post.

Yep

http://fans.flames.nhl.com/community/topic/22147-account-issue-nhl-email-regarding-account/?p=712985

Actually I tried through NHL.com but no luck. When I finally managed to create a new account I did it through the rarely used Flyers site (ironically my old user name appears there).

So I'm a rookie on here again. :lol:

Pfff, 38 posts?  Hardly an authoritative voice.   :D

Those of you who are part way through the password change process and can only log in from the NHL.com website... I may have a partial solution for you.

Pull up the front page, but do not go to the message board link.

b46c98148c2adf8ba6d22ac473789892.jpg

Top right area you will see a sign in area in the black strip. Try your new login password there. It is working for me and hopefully it will work for you too.

This is a couple less steps and links to get into our message board if it works for you.

Good Luck

Hope they fix/find solution soon.

-DD-

The NHL has responded with a solution (see Announcements forum here --> http://fans.flames.nhl.com/community/topic/22147-account-issue-nhl-email-regarding-account/?p=713042  )

Thanks Kulstad. I think that worked.

Pfff, 38 posts?  Hardly an authoritative voice.   :D

Ahem! :lol:

Also when I do a top posters search this shows up:

9bfa0ba076aa0fb46f86054c9b70dfaf.png

So they can see your old post and likes counts.. your old account is still in system.

& I'm back Bud.

Thanks for caring.

& I'm back Bud.

Thanks for caring.

Good to see you back, in all your glory.  There seems to be two "cross" posters, so it may be cross16 the original or a new cross.  I was fortunate to be only held up for a short time, and used a working NHL site to log in and change passwords.

Good to see you back, in all your glory.  There seems to be two "cross" posters, so it may be cross16 the original or a new cross.  I was fortunate to be only held up for a short time, and used a working NHL site to log in and change passwords.

I noticed as well. I sent him a PM so hopefully he can return as the only poster with a count higher than mine.

I still can't log in to the Flames website while in the messageboard area. I get this message when I request the forgot my password selection using my email:

643b009d284eb1488aa052cd24122d8c.png

& I'm back Bud.

Thanks for caring.

Welcome back.. sort of..... Can you log in here or have to go somewhere else to log in?

Archived