Flames mentioned on Primetime sports

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you hear this?? SPECTOR made a ridiculous prediction..

after signing JBo. Darryl will trade Dion for Heatley to save some Cap space.

What's your thought on this?

I have no thought. Oh wait I do. Its idiotic. Bring out the next rumor for ridicule please.

how do figure trading dion to ottawa for heatley is going to save us cap?

dion is at 6.5 and i believe heater is at 7 or above

unless we send a packaged deal its retarded.

oh wait, so is a apckaged deal since its rumored to take two top end players, sure we have a log jam of 3 and 4 liners, even fringe top6, but dealing anyone who can play on our top two lines is going to leave our front lines looking like swiss cheese.

man this guys a Eric Furlatt

Did you hear this?? SPECTOR made a ridiculous prediction..

after signing JBo. Darryl will trade Dion for Heatley to save some Cap space.

What's your thought on this?

Well consdiering that trading for Heatley actually raises the Flames cap by a million that can't happen.

Heater is 7.5 mill , Phaneuf is 6.5 mill. NO cap money saved.

Spector = and idiot. It amazes me how many "hockey experts" are too lazy to go on the damn internet and look up cap hits and numbers.

I love how all the teams who do not currently have the negotiating rights for Bouwmeester do not think he is worth $6M while most people with a brain predict he could pull in $7M easy in a bidding war. I've seen a bunch of canuck trolls spouting how they wouldn't pay $5M for him but they somehow think he is on the fast track to Vancouver to play for this huge discount.

TO probably figures that by the end of the offseason they will have Tavares, both Sedins, Cammalleri, Iginla, Phaneuf and Bouwmeester on the laffs and all they will have to give up to get all that is Kaberle.

They don't do their jobs though. They sensationalize. They bring their "personalities" into the news.

That's exactly their job. There are plenty of segments on the Fan 590 that are just about hard sports facts and insider reports. Primetime is all about getting listeners pissed off and talking about the opinions expressed.

The Dion Phaneuf trade also discussed on sportsnet this morning .... going to Ottawa for heatley WTF i dont want heatley at all. There will be chemistry on the front line. Keep Phaneuf SUTTER!!

The Flames are losing Aucoin, Leopold, and Vandermeer off their top 6. So far, they've only added Bouwmeester. To trade away a Dman at this point creates holes on the blueline which will cost the Flames $4-mil or more in the UFA market to patch. There is no cap space for this and playing Giordano, Pardy, or Pelech in the top 4 is risky.

Heatley is a great player but the Flames need Dmen more than they need a winger.

The Flames can't afford both JBow and Heatley. Lets say for argument sake JBow signs for 6.5, pretty conservative IMO, and the trade is done.

Flames are at about 45.5 mill already committed. JBow puts them at 52, and the Heatley trade would put them at 53 million. That would mean they would have 3 million dollars for Boyd, another forward, and their extra forward, be it a dman/forward. So basically, they wind up in the same problem as last year. One injury away from being screwed. Plus, does it accomplish the goal of getting better on defence? IMO, no. I actually think they get a little worse with trading Phaneuf for JBow, but thats my opinioin. Again, i'll repeat it, their problem is defence not offence. Yes i understand you trade Phaneuf essenially for both Heater and JBow but I don't see it that way. I see it as you lose cap space and don't get better defensivly because now you have to look at someone like Gio or Pelech to play in your top 6. Doesn't make any sort of sense from a Flames perspective to acquire Dany Heatley.

But to be fair to the prime time sports guys, they just report what they hear, they don't speculate themselves. I have heard reports that Ignila wants out, don't beelive them of course, but it didn't orginate with them so lets be fair to them. Its a sports opinion show after all, but the guys just arn't very intuned to what happens out West.

Doesn't make any sort of sense from a Flames perspective to acquire Dany Heatley.

...the guys just arn't very intuned to what happens out West.

It makes perfect sense for the Senators and since they're a team out East, these radio guys only see it from their perspective. If the Flames move Phaneuf, then they're almost certain to move Langkow or someone else to get a top 4 Dman back. Acquiring Heatley will force the Flames into a double trade situation which is very difficult to pull off.

It makes perfect sense for the Senators and since they're a team out East, these radio guys only see it from their perspective. If the Flames move Phaneuf, then they're almost certain to move Langkow or someone else to get a top 4 Dman back. Acquiring Heatley will force the Flames into a double trade situation which is very difficult to pull off.

Exactly. All really is at all necessary? Is it necssary to make all those moves and likely wind up no better than you were at the start? Because that what tends to happen when you make moves for the sake of making moves.

Giordano played in the top 4 and was pretty solid until he got hurt and Pelech should turn into the next Robyn Regehr.They got the same intangibles.John Negrin should even get some consideration,I think we might have been better off having either of those 2 in the lineup instead of Eriksson during the playoffs.That's one thing that has always bothered me about Flames teams,they are always too afraid to play the young players alot.How are they supposed to get better playing 3 mins in a game.This league is all about young players now,you can see that with all these 18 yr old superstars coming straight out of junior.Boyd would probably be alot better by now if he was given more time.I wouldn't doubt he will be traded at some point in the near future.Backlund definately needs to be in the NHL this yr playing substantial minutes.He is gonna be a solid player for sure.

Those pin heads in the east are jealous of what the flames have built up . Let's face it outa the six canadian teams . Only the flames have the best shot at going anywhere in the playoffs . Where did the three teams in the east finish ? only montreal made the playoffs and were bounced in four . In the west two teams at least made the playoffs and 1 of the 2 got to the second round . This continues to prove the western conferance is more talent laden and far more competitive then the east . Ottawa has been begging for reggie , iggy, phaneuf for years ... So when trade rumours begin . Everyone automaticly includes ottawa with calgary for trades . An shock most of the rumors start in the east at the toronto sports network ( TSN ) or through that R-tard mcgowen on prime time sports on sports net another toronto network ...

Bottom line , reggie, dion, and jarome all may as well have Sutter for a last name . As long as Sutter's our GM , those three players aren't going anywhere .We do have the cap space to sign Bowmeester but I believe he is going to make Sutter sweat hot bullets an test the open waters of free agency on july 1 . He may after testing those waters end up signing with our Flames . But I feel he won't sign before july 1. As for the canuckle heads , they want the bobsy twins badly . How much room under the cap will they have left after they resign those two and extend booby yes booby lou's contract . ( he's over rated and still can't carry a team past round 2 of the playoffs ).

Plus after if Flames sign Jbow will they have for resigning camalleri ? One side says he wants to stay an will take a home town discount . Others say he wants the big time dollars . Honestly they guys scored over 30 goals twice in his short career . did squat for us in the playoffs where it matters . How is this deserving of big time dollars ? I wouldn't pay him more then the 4 .5 mill were on the hook for with for Oli the joke .

I do agree with others that we need to see backlund in a flames jersy this season . Only if he's ready to play. Lets not rush the kid . For all we know Baklund could end up being another Lombardi and in days gone by , another paul ranhiem . Great skills , awesome speed , just 0 and complete epic fail with no finish .

Acuion , we already know isn't part of the flames future plans , an I doubt were gonna be dumb enough to give bertuzzi money to come back for another season . that experiment failed as much as the amonti , jeff Freeson experiments .Vetern has beens nobody else wanted . Time to let the moss's , boyd's, and nystroms start playing some quality minutes . At least they showed up in the playoffs .

Giordano played in the top 4 and was pretty solid until he got hurt and Pelech should turn into the next Robyn Regehr.They got the same intangibles.John Negrin should even get some consideration,I think we might have been better off having either of those 2 in the lineup instead of Eriksson during the playoffs.That's one thing that has always bothered me about Flames teams,they are always too afraid to play the young players alot.How are they supposed to get better playing 3 mins in a game.This league is all about young players now,you can see that with all these 18 yr old superstars coming straight out of junior.Boyd would probably be alot better by now if he was given more time.I wouldn't doubt he will be traded at some point in the near future.Backlund definately needs to be in the NHL this yr playing substantial minutes.He is gonna be a solid player for sure.

Giordano wasn't even close to playing in the top 4. He may have gotten paired with Phaneuf but he was getting an average of 16 minutes of ice time per game. Phaneuf, Aucion, Regehr and Sarich all got more ice time than him.

As much as I would like to give our young guys more of a chance to shine, doing so at the end of the regular season and in the playoffs is not the way to go. This is doubly true when we are not talking about #1 overall draft pick players who need time to develop both their game and physically to be able to handle the NHL. Backlund definitely needs to play in the AHL next year, we don't need to rush him.

Archived