Louis23

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahah

Rico Fata

How many other Oilers have you seen fail?

Yep! Alot more than Flames fans.

:mellow:

Actually if you look at a lot of the impact players the Flames have acquired over the years, it was mostly though trades, not the draft.

Speaking of failing, how many Stanley Cups do the Canucks have in their 40+ year history? Oh yeah, never mind.

Lets see.

Eberle 22nd overall

Hemsky 13th overall

Petry 45th overall

Dubnyk 14th overall

But yeah I agree, it would be a lot harder if the Oilers had the Flames scouting staff working for them.

I applied for the Oilers Scouting Staff position. In the group interview, they asked my qualifications and asked me to give them a mock draft list. I gave them a list of names. The guy beside me offered his mock list, and all it said was "first overall pick." Sadly he got the job.

True story. :lol:

Lets see.

Eberle 22nd overall

Hemsky 13th overall

Petry 45th overall

Dubnyk 14th overall

But yeah I agree, it would be a lot harder if the Oilers had the Flames scouting staff working for them.

You had this same argument last year with Cross and got totally pwned. He showed you that it wasn't better picking, but rather more picks that allowed you to the appearance of a good scouting staff.

Your Oilers should consider a cost saving & more budget minded scouting staff for the next few years because lets face it you won't need high quality staff to pick 1st every year.

You had this same argument last year with Cross and got totally pwned. He showed you that it wasn't better picking, but rather more picks that allowed you to the appearance of a good scouting staff.

Your Oilers should consider a cost saving & more budget minded scouting staff for the next few years because lets face it you won't need high quality staff to pick 1st every year.

What do you have to say about khaira vs jankowski?

Why bother? there is little to no sense in comparing these two to each other.

- One is a winger and the other plays center.

- Neither has NHL playing time under their belt.

- Jankowski has more talent and plays a much more difficult position to fill.

Khaira has played centre the entire season with Michigan Tech.

Khaira has put up better numbers than Jankowki, have similar height but Khaira is thicker. The only reason you think he has more talent is he was drafted higher. I say this shows the Flames' poor scouting.

Link to Q&A with guy who covers Michigan Tech

Khaira has put up better numbers than Jankowki, have similar height but Khaira is thicker. The only reason you think he has more talent is he was drafted higher. I say this shows the Flames' poor scouting.

No HF has him higher too. 7.5 to 7.0

They question Jujhar Khaira's footspeed.(they use the term only adequate at this level)

bbe1db56d9cd2d0716172ab4d1756db2.png?1361054681

c23bed6d8bd434518e88bbe1ce32d724.png?1361055185

I don't see anything at all in Jankowski's Talent Analysis to suggest he needs to work on anything like footspeed:

82dc7982393796acb0d3253a675f6e18.png?1361054914

405bc77149372d0a63c2c0a64dbd54f8.png?1361054793

Go figure eh? but nice try.

No HF has him higher too. 7.5 to 7.0

They question Jujhar Khaira's footspeed.(they use the term only adequate at this level)

I don't see anything at all in Jankowski's Talent Analysis to suggest he needs to work on anything like footspeed:

Go figure eh? but nice try.

You're using that as hockeysfuture as your reference? I hope you know they aren't the most accredited of scouting services.

Anyways, Khaira is putting up better stats than Jankowski playing the exact same position, being the same age and similar size. Jankowski obviously has a lot of things to work on too or he's be already playing for the Flames as a 1st line centre.

Khaira is known to have a big work ethic which IMO is the most important attribute in improving in certain areas.

I am very interested to see how these two players' careers turn out. My money is on Khaira being better.

You're using that as hockeysfuture as your reference? I hope you know they aren't the most accredited of scouting services.

Anyways, Khaira is putting up better stats than Jankowski playing the exact same position, being the same age and similar size. Jankowski obviously has a lot of things to work on too or he's be already playing for the Flames as a 1st line centre.

Khaira is known to have a big work ethic which IMO is the most important attribute in improving in certain areas.

I am very interested to see how these two players' careers turn out. My money is on Khaira being better.

Silly thinking Conner:

Jankowski is and never was inteded to play for the Flames right now. His skill level has never been a decision factor to him being on the Flames or not this year. Your comment about him already playing here means nothing because he wouldn't be here either way. Kid puts an education as more important than playing for the Flames right now. Smart kid and silly Conner.

lol. I initially told you it is senseless to compare these two right now, yet you insist. When I show you a website that isn't biased or inept that disagrees with your assement you dismiss it. Right........

They(HF) aren't some underwear wearing blogger in his mom's basement, so please link Conner's personal website with better scounting anlysis or send pictures of you in something other than your underwear.

Sorry Conner but your insistence to compare two college prospects now is total fail and will be until they both actually get some playing time in the NHL.

That is assuming your prospect even makes it to the NHL as a center let alone as a winger.

Link to Q&A with guy who covers Michigan Tech

Was this your way of baiting Deeds into a useless debate?

Look at the teams they play on.

Providence

Team's Top Scorer - 11g 8a 19pts 27 games played

Mark Jankowski - 5th in scoring - 5g 7a 12pts +5 23 games played (due to injury)

MTU

Team's Top Scorer - 13g 5a 28pts 29 games played

Jujhar Khaira - 5th in scoring - 5g 14a 19pts +1 29 games played

Jankowski and Khaira are tied for goals. The only thing separating them is assists.

Khaira has played 6 more games than Jankowski on an overall higher scoring team. Jankowski missed those games due to injury.

Janko has 5 x Khaira's +/- rating.

Khaira has 2 years previous experience in the BCHL. Janko, high school hockey.

The numbers speak for themselves. Janko is more talented and a higher rated prospect.

End of discussion.

Was this your way of baiting Deeds into a useless debate?

Look at the teams they play on.

Providence

Team's Top Scorer - 11g 8a 19pts 27 games played

Mark Jankowski - 5th in scoring - 5g 7a 12pts +5 23 games played (due to injury)

MTU

Team's Top Scorer - 13g 5a 28pts 29 games played

Jujhar Khaira - 5th in scoring - 5g 14a 19pts +1 29 games played

Jankowski and Khaira are tied for goals. The only thing separating them is assists.

Khaira has played 6 more games than Jankowski on an overall higher scoring team. Jankowski missed those games due to injury.

Janko has 5 x Khaira's +/- rating.

Khaira has 2 years previous experience in the BCHL. Janko, high school hockey.

The numbers speak for themselves. Janko is more talented and a higher rated prospect.

End of discussion.

The numbers do speak for themselves; Jankowski .52 ppg Khaira .66 ppg +1 Khaira

Jankowski drafted 21st overall Khaira drafted 63rd overall +1 Oilers scouting

Silly thinking Conner:

Jankowski is and never was inteded to play for the Flames right now. His skill level has never been a decision factor to him being on the Flames or not this year. Your comment about him already playing here means nothing because he wouldn't be here either way. Kid puts an education as more important than playing for the Flames right now. Smart kid and silly Conner.

lol. I initially told you it is senseless to compare these two right now, yet you insist. When I show you a website that isn't biased or inept that disagrees with your assement you dismiss it. Right........

They(HF) aren't some underwear wearing blogger in his mom's basement, so please link Conner's personal website with better scounting anlysis or send pictures of you in something other than your underwear.

Sorry Conner but your insistence to compare two college prospects now is total fail and will be until they both actually get some playing time in the NHL.

That is assuming your prospect even makes it to the NHL as a center let alone as a winger.

You claimed there was no flaws in Jankoski's game. If that was the case, he would be an NHLer. He obviously has things to work on to become an NHLer. If Jankowki was offered a multimillion dollar contract he would take it over college. You don't need a business degree to determine that is the best decision.

Feaster has already labelled Jankowski as the best player out of this draft 10 years from now. LMAO, he isn't even the best current college player out of this last draft.

You claimed there was no flaws in Jankoski's game. If that was the case, he would be an NHLer. He obviously has things to work on to become an NHLer. If Jankowki was offered a multimillion dollar contract he would take it over college. You don't need a business degree to determine that is the best decision.

Feaster has already labelled Jankowski as the best player out of this draft 10 years from now. LMAO, he isn't even the best current college player out of this last draft.

I made no such claim and quit putting words in my mouth. Maybe you should go re-read what I actually wrote.

When did Feaster enter this conversation? I'm sorry please point out his post? Did he say that please reference his quote with a credible link.

It appears to me if you can't get what I wrote correct then how would you possibly get anything Feaster wrote correct either?

I made no such claim and quit putting words in my mouth. Maybe you should go re-read what I actually wrote.

When did Feaster enter this conversation? I'm sorry please point out his post? Did he say that please reference his quote with a credible link.

It appears to me if you can't get what I wrote correct then how would you possibly get anything Feaster wrote correct either?

OK, it was reasonable for me to ascertain that you noted footspeed as a flaw in Khaira's game and that there was nothing noted in Jankowki's game to work on as in no flaw.

"Jay Feaster explained why they picked him in the first round, suggesting that he and the rest of the Flames’ management and scouting staff think he will be the best player to come out of this draft."

Feaster being ridiculous link here.

OK, it was reasonable for me to ascertain that you noted footspeed as a flaw in Khaira's game and that there was nothing noted in Jankowki's game to work on as in no flaw.

"Jay Feaster explained why they picked him in the first round, suggesting that he and the rest of the Flames’ management and scouting staff think he will be the best player to come out of this draft."

Feaster being ridiculous link here.

Well interesting that he would say that but I don't blame him. We will all have to wait and see if it comes true.

As for your attempt to bait me into an arguement, well that turned out the same as your debate with Cross on your Oilers scouting. You would have won that debate with Cross if it was who got the most picks.

I answered your bait question with:

Why bother? there is little to no sense in comparing these two to each other.

- One is a winger and the other plays center.

- Neither has NHL playing time under their belt.

- Jankowski has more talent and plays a much more difficult position to fill.

You didn't like my answer so pressed it. That is why I gave you the HF prospect analysis. Their research if far better than yours or mine. They win you lose.

So in the end, What is the sense of comparing prospects? You can't determine if your scouts are picking better until those prospects actually make it to the NHL now can you? Your scouts would be total fail if all they selected ended up college level players wouldn't they? So it is useless to try and compare them and what they are doing in college right now because it serves no useful purpose in our scouting discussion.

If what Feaster thinks comes true then that answer will be a slam dunk much like The Raptor's Terrence Ross in the All Star Slam Dunk win earlier tonight. Feaster is welcome to promote his selections as he sees fit. Doesn't change our discussion.

Feel free to offer your own websites ratings if they are credible. I haven't run across any yet myself who see it your way.

The numbers do speak for themselves; Jankowski .52 ppg Khaira .66 ppg +1 Khaira

Jankowski drafted 21st overall Khaira drafted 63rd overall +1 Oilers scouting

Stepping aside to let Deeds continue to kick your chicken tikka masala with reasonable argumentation, I do want to make one point clear.

I said MTU was a higher scoring team, PPG is irrelevant when comparing a high scoring team to a low scoring team. One of the biggest stats scouts look at are the +/- which in turn gives a clear indication of on ice offensive and defensive responsibility. Being that Janko has a +5, he's showing his offensive and defensive responsibility quite nicely, and with missed time.

There is much more to scouting a prospect than just their PPG and goal totals. In my opinion that sort of thinking means a player like J Schultz is a well rounded defenceman at -2. :lol: I'm guessing this is what you are basing your Oilers scouting "superiority" on.

Stepping aside to let Deeds continue to kick your chicken tikka masala with reasonable argumentation, I do want to make one point clear.

I said MTU was a higher scoring team, PPG is irrelevant when comparing a high scoring team to a low scoring team. One of the biggest stats scouts look at are the +/- which in turn gives a clear indication of on ice offensive and defensive responsibility. Being that Janko has a +5, he's showing his offensive and defensive responsibility quite nicely, and with missed time.

There is much more to scouting a prospect than just their PPG and goal totals. In my opinion that sort of thinking means a player like J Schultz is a well rounded defenceman at -2. :lol: I'm guessing this is what you are basing your Oilers scouting "superiority" on.

Please, soon as you said ppg is irrelevant but +/- was clear indication or responsibility you lost 10 IQ points.

+/- is a horrible stat.

Last season Bouwmeester was -21 and Babchuk was +3. Therefore Babchuk most be vastly a superior player to Bouwmeester according to your logic.

Schultz is actually very good defensively for being a rookie but you wouldn't know because he's a minus player, just like Bouwmeester, Campbell and Doughty were last year.

Well interesting that he would say that but I don't blame him. We will all have to wait and see if it comes true.

As for your attempt to bait me into an arguement, well that turned out the same as your debate with Cross on your Oilers scouting. You would have won that debate with Cross if it was who got the most picks.

I answered your bait question with:

You didn't like my answer so pressed it. That is why I gave you the HF prospect analysis. Their research if far better than yours or mine. They win you lose.

So in the end, What is the sense of comparing prospects? You can't determine if your scouts are picking better until those prospects actually make it to the NHL now can you? Your scouts would be total fail if all they selected ended up college level players wouldn't they? So it is useless to try and compare them and what they are doing in college right now because it serves no useful purpose in our scouting discussion.

If what Feaster thinks comes true then that answer will be a slam dunk much like The Raptor's Terrence Ross in the All Star Slam Dunk win earlier tonight. Feaster is welcome to promote his selections as he sees fit. Doesn't change our discussion.

Feel free to offer your own websites ratings if they are credible. I haven't run across any yet myself who see it your way.

- Hockeysfuture isn't known for being the best indicator. I have never heard anyone from hockeysfuture on any interview. I have heard people from hockey prospectus on various interviews. Anyway, most rankings like hockeysfuture will likely take draft position as a key indicator of potential. We'll see how Jankowski's and Khaira's season end so then we can legitimately start the comparisons.

- I wouldn't have liked any Oiler GM saying this off the board pick it the best player in the draft. Even if they do believe it, it puts a lot of pressure on the kid, especially one that is still years away from being close to being NHL ready. The Oilers better be able to say that though when they're drafting 1st overall.

Please, soon as you said ppg is irrelevant but +/- was clear indication or responsibility you lost 10 IQ points.

+/- is a horrible stat.

Last season Bouwmeester was -21 and Babchuk was +3. Therefore Babchuk most be vastly a superior player to Bouwmeester according to your logic.

Schultz is actually very good defensively for being a rookie but you wouldn't know because he's a minus player, just like Bouwmeester, Campbell and Doughty were last year.

You have selective reading skills.

I said irrelevant when comparing a high and low scoring team. PPG isn't THE go to stat to base a scouting report on.

Since you are so adamant about PPG

Bouw put up .35 PPG -21

Babs put up .32 PPG +2

Who was better defensively?

Bouw ate way more minutes, played many more games, but he had the worst year of his career, therefore costing the Flames quite a few goals. In hindsight Babchuck performed his job better than Bouw by a long shot. However, Sutter, and Bouw's contract said otherwise. PPG is irrelevant in comparison with Janko and Khaira.

PPG isn't even on the NHL statistics page anyhow. :o

- Hockeysfuture isn't known for being the best indicator. I have never heard anyone from hockeysfuture on any interview. I have heard people from hockey prospectus on various interviews. Anyway, most rankings like hockeysfuture will likely take draft position as a key indicator of potential. We'll see how Jankowski's and Khaira's season end so then we can legitimately start the comparisons.

- I wouldn't have liked any Oiler GM saying this off the board pick it the best player in the draft. Even if they do believe it, it puts a lot of pressure on the kid, especially one that is still years away from being close to being NHL ready. The Oilers better be able to say that though when they're drafting 1st overall.

It is called forward thinking. Do you really want your scouts thinking they didn't make the best choice? You are doing the same thing too with all your comments on Khaira. With you it is called buying into all the hype.

You have selective reading skills.

I said irrelevant when comparing a high and low scoring team. PPG isn't THE go to stat to base a scouting report on.

Since you are so adamant about PPG

Bouw put up .35 PPG -21

Babs put up .32 PPG +2

Who was better defensively?

Bouw ate way more minutes, played many more games, but he had the worst year of his career, therefore costing the Flames quite a few goals. In hindsight Babchuck performed his job better than Bouw by a long shot. However, Sutter, and Bouw's contract said otherwise. PPG is irrelevant in comparison with Janko and Khaira.

PPG isn't even on the NHL statistics page anyhow. :o

Don't you get it? Bouwmeester played against the opposition's best players night in and night out. Babchuk had sheltered minutes playing against the oppositions 3rd and 4th lines. Babchuk also started in the offensive zone a lot more.

Babchuk was a healthy scratch last season. Bouwmeester was never a healthy scratch.

PPG would be less relevant if they played in different leagues or at least different positions. They are both playing college hockey and playing centre. They are also similar size so these two players are very comparable.

It is called forward thinking. Do you really want your scouts thinking they didn't make the best choice? You are doing the same thing too with all your comments on Khaira. With you it is called buying into all the hype.

I liked the Khaira pick as soon as a read more about him when the Oilers drafted him. He is exactly what the Oilers need. No one is confessing him as the best player in the draft.

Have you seen Tampa's draft record when Feaster was there? Between Lecavalier and Stamkos they drafted horribly. Lets hope the Jankowski pick wasn't Feaster's call.

Archived