Sutter Steps Down, Playfair In

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw it on the ticker too on score, but now its off.  Heres a link tho

http://forums.sportsnet.ca/thread.jspa?thr...46&tstart=0

That's nothing more than a forum, not a news story.

I saw it on the ticker, then they took it off. I dunno whats going on, but it would have to be credible enough to be put on the score, but then again, it got taken down. The link was just to show I'm no loonie and I did actually see it

I don't know. I like Playfair, don't get me wrong, but I am kind of disappointed by this. I was hoping for one more year with Sutter behind the bench.

I wonder if Playfair will tinker more with the system the Flames play to allow for more creativity offensively?

I'm going to miss Sutter. His antics and unfazed mood always reflected well on his team; he also had a knack for achieving a lot out of his players.

However, this is the beginning of a new era in Flames hockey, so we must embrace the change instead of questioning it. As much as I would have loved to have seen Sutter behind the bench with the *seemingly complete team that has a good shot at the cup in 07*, his interests were evolving. We have to respect that.

This could be an oppertunity to allow more offensive flare with the proper balance of good goaltending and responsible defense. I have faith in his decision.

Well, I sure am gonna miss Darryl behind the bench.

At times, his facial expressions and antics were more enjoyable than the game itself!! :lol:

I'm sure Jim Playfair will do a great job. He's been with the club for awhile and deserves this chance.

I know some of you are a little worried about this. But have faith. Remember when Calgary released Badger Bob a year after we made it to the finals in 86? Then we hired Terry Crisp and he tooks us all the way. Maybe this is a good thing. Playfair even sounds like Sutter in his interviews, so I don't think any problems will come with it.

Well, it wasn't unexpected. Even Playfair was the one most people assumed would take over for Darryl. I would've liked to see Brent Sutter come to town, but I'm sure Playfair will do a fine job. He's been around for awhile now, I'm guessing he has the respect of the players and will be able to get them to perform.

Archived